UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Well on the one hand, that's an easy birthday present to myself.

On the other, when do Zavvi take payment for pre-orders, and I still have to pay £2 for postage when I'm spending £40? Seriously?

Well on the one hand, that's an easy birthday present to myself.

On the other, when do Zavvi take payment for pre-orders, and I still have to pay £2 for postage when I'm spending £40? Seriously?
Zavvi don't take payment until dispatch, at least for card, no idea if that's the case for paypal or not.

Zavvi don't take payment until dispatch, at least for card, no idea if that's the case for paypal or not.
Cheers, I get a bit lost with who does what now, I recently placed some pre-orders with AOL (MVM, not the defunct ISP) without realising they take the cash upfront, as do AL iirc. Just nice to know that money won't actually be leaving my account until July. Guess I'll grudgingly hand over that two quid.

Just got a closer look at that packaging on my desktop PC as well, I notice the Manga logo is still there. Is this their last hurrah before being assimilated into Funi? Seems fitting that it should be this, if there's anything that would just look wrong without the Manga logo, it's GitS.

Cheers, I get a bit lost with who does what now, I recently placed some pre-orders with AOL (MVM, not the defunct ISP) without realising they take the cash upfront, as do AL iirc. Just nice to know that money won't actually be leaving my account until July. Guess I'll grudgingly hand over that two quid.

Just got a closer look at that packaging on my desktop PC as well, I notice the Manga logo is still there. Is this their last hurrah before being assimilated into Funi? Seems fitting that it should be this, if there's anything that would just look wrong without the Manga logo, it's GitS.
For what it's worth I don't actually see anything on it's page to suggest that it's a Zavvi exclusive and they usually love to let you know if something is an exclusive, so may pop up elsewhere. No harm in locking in an order just in case though.

I have the US edition, tis a mighty fine looking disc. I like steelbooks but I have to say I'm a bit underwhelmed by the art on this one. At 40 quid I might have to pass.

The original release dates were October 12th and November 30th for last year. I'm really confused as to what could go so wrong for the series to get delayed a whole year.

After some time, the Q3 titles are slowly showing up on Amazon. At the time of this post they're not completely available just yet:
(Disclaimer: Links are affiliated + international shipping restrictions may apply)

Manga's titles are now live properly and can be ordered on Amazon.

What kind of packaging do food wars season 1 and 2 have?
Food wars season 1 is a the sentai limited edition, so blu ray case, and assuming they still have stock inside a art box which has a plasic o-ring, but i honestly have no idea if they still have any of the actual limited edition left (so with art box and o-ring) (so similar to Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon Season 1).
Season 2 is just blu ray case and possible card slip cover

20210512_144248.jpg

Yeah the o-ring plastic slip cover things are pretty hard plastic, but i think its the kinda of plastic that just snaps off if alot of force is applied (maybe shatters off), so that might not do so well and anything other than carefull shelf wear is gonna scuff them up, that's partly why if I do buy from new I just cut a hole in the top and let the shelf wear damage get absorbed by the cellophane

anyone ordered franxx from the hmv 40% sale and got them delivered? tempted to give up waiting for a full season and get them from there but i want to make sure they still come with the slips, i think amazon was hit or miss a couple weeks ago but with hmv out of action for a while because of lockdown i may still have a chance

anyone ordered franxx from the hmv 40% sale and got them delivered? tempted to give up waiting for a full season and get them from there but i want to make sure they still come with the slips, i think amazon was hit or miss a couple weeks ago but with hmv out of action for a while because of lockdown i may still have a chance
I mean, they currently work out £5 cheaper in the Zavvi 2 for £25 than the £15 a piece they are from HMV with 40% off, but for what it’s worth mine from Zavvi didn’t come with slipcases, but I did notice my local HMV got new stock of Franxx in at the weekend and those did have slipcases. So... Maybe?

Back