Overseas US: FUNimation Limited Edition, Anime Classics and S.A.V.E./Essentials releases

Thanks again to NormanicGrav for his comprehensive post in the 'Non-UK Anime News & Announcements' thread.

A2lL4Tzm.png

A bit later than usual, but today i've added the announced March 2017 releases to the Google docs;

Attack on Titan: Junior High: The Complete Series
(Limited Edition)
Appleseed XIII: The Complete Series (S.A.V.E.)
Ben-To: Complete Series (S.A.V.E.)
BlazBlue: Alter Memory: The Complete Series (S.A.V.E.)
Inari Kon Kon: The Complete Series (S.A.V.E.)
Wanna Be The Strongest In The World!: The Complete Series (S.A.V.E.)

Also adjusted the Limited Edition entry for Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar to include the upcoming regular complete series release.

Well it took some time, but in October FUNimation is bringing out some more 'special' releases.

So for October no less than four Limited Editions are announced. (Might added Fruits Basket 'Sweet Sixteen Anniversary Edition' later if this is actually a chipboard release).

ReLIFE: The Complete Series (Limited Edition)
Orange: The Complete Series (Limited Edition)
SERVAMP: Season One (Limited Edition)
The Testament of Sister New Devil: Season One (Limited Edition)

Link to the Google Spreadsheet

Much later than some probably expected, but due to some hectic soccer season preparation at my local club this had to wait a bit. But now the Google spreadsheet, link at the bottom, now includes the November releases from FUNimation.

And not all Limited Editions this time around, but also a Anime Classics release, 9 months after the last release, Freezing Vibration in February. Not new though as Full Metal Panic! had been released 6 years ago in a separate Blu-ray and DVD Anime Classics edition.

91 Days: The Complete Series (Limited Edition)
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid: The Complete Second Season (Anime Classics)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans: Season One (Limited Edition)
Myriad Colors Phantom World: The Complete Series (Limited Edition)
Speed Racer: The Ultimate Collection (Limited Edition)
Tales of Zestiria the X: Season One (Limited Edition)
Your Name (Limited Edition)

Thanks for the update. Do really appreciate these!

(Might added Fruits Basket 'Sweet Sixteen Anniversary Edition' later if this is actually a chipboard release).

Fruits Basket 'Sweet Sixteen Anniversary Edition did end up being chipboard BTW. (you may have got it yourself can't recall at this point). With digipack no less!

Has anyone bought the SAVE releases of Aria the Scarlet Ammo: Complete Series, C - Control: The Complete Series, Code:Breaker: Complete Series, D-Frag! Complete Series, Eureka Seven: AO The Complete Series, Robotics;Notes: The Complete Series or The Legend of the Legendary Heroes: The Complete Series?

Would be interested to know if they have reversible covers.

Added the December releases, containing one Limited Edition and two S.A.V.E. editions.

Dragonar Academy: The Complete Series (S.A.V.E.)
Mob Psycho 100: The Complete Series (Limited Edition)
Riddle Story of Devil: The Complete Series (S.A.V.E.)

Thanks to msgeek's confirmation and jogging my ever failing memory i also added Fruits Basket 'Sweet Sixteen Anniversary Edition' in the Limited Edition tab. Although technically not FUNimation's Limited Edition catalogue but it comes in a rigid box

Also updated three S.A.V.E. editions regarding reversible cover, thanks to Raxor and Jam10kirk and DragonBlaze67 to trigger it.

If anyone has anymore information regarding reversible covers for the S.A.V.E. releases, don't hesitate to share the info here.

Last edited:
Added the March 2018 releases ... sorry only one release to the Google spreadsheet

Bungo Stray Dogs: Complete Season One (Limited Edition)

Also updated Ah! My Goddess: Flights of Fancy: The Complete Second Season S.A.V.E. to mark that this has a reversible cover -> title is on the spine, after receiving this release myself.

Back