Funimation Global Group Completes Acquisition of Crunchyroll

That’s cool, I guess.

I don’t know how it is in UK, but in Canada we have Darling in the FranXX English dub on Funimation and Darling in the FranXX in other languages including original - on Crunchyroll. Weird but I’m guessing it will change soon as Sony already announced that they will unite both services

Whether or not this is a good thing is hard to say at present. One thing that is for certain though is that there will be various people losing their jobs due to redundancy with departments merging.

Also the variety of content licensed for streaming would decrease, as it then only be one team licensing for one combined service and without needing to compete against another major service the overall number of licensed streaming shows are likely to decrease as well.

SOunds good
Not to me it doesn't, sounds like a monopoly, we have enough of that with Disney now owning Star Wars, Marvel and Fox, They were also thinking of buying Warner Bros, which actually could have been interesting if you would put Mickey Mouse in Space Jam!

Back