Full Tenchi Muyo Series?

afoia

Adventurer
At japanex this year there was a nice box of anime dvds for £1 each, but the only catch was they were missing their cases and were sold in plastic sleaves.
Now heres my predicament, i have the first 3 dvds and "tenchi the movie: tenchi forever" but am i missing any of the episodes from the seires? as amazon says the boxset has 4 dvds.

If you are talking about Tenchi Muyo! and not Tenchi Universe then you shouldn't be missing any episodes on those three dvds. That should also include the short "Here comes Jurai : Part Two" bonus episde on disc three.

For the original Tenchi Muyo there are OAV 1 (episodes 1-6) and OAV 2 (7-13) and the extra bonus episode. There is also Mihoshi's Special which takes place in the OAV timeline which comes with either Magical Girl Sasami or with the OAV complete box set that MVM released on region 2. You should not have this episode on those 3 dvds.

Ryo Chan listed OAV3 which takes place after the original Tenchi Muyo! series but was made some years after.

Anything else you need to know about Tenchi, let me know.

thund3r said:
ah thats good to hear, yet the whole tenchi series still confuses me. 5 years or so after i saw muyo on CNX.

the tenchi they showed on CNX was Tenchi Muyo and tenchi universe (which they fused into 1 show for some reason) and then tenchi in tokyo which was shown seperate

thund3r said:
ah thats good to hear, yet the whole tenchi series still confuses me. 5 years or so after i saw muyo on CNX.

Basically there are 3 main Tenchi Franchises. There are;

Tenchi Muyo! - These are the original OVA 1 and OVA 2 made in 1992/4 and are the original works.

Tenchi Universe - came in 1995 and includes the same original cast plus Kiyone that was seen in the special episode of Mihoshi's Space Adventure. This is an alternate retelling of the original Tenchi story and lasts for 26 episodes.

Tenchi in Tokyo - the final main series including all the gang, again this is an alternate retelling but is completley different from both Muyo and Universe. Widely considered as the worst of the three.

Tenchi Muyo OVA 3 - This came in 2003 and takes off where the cliff hanger in OVA 2 left. Contains another 6 episodes. Also in 2005 a special episode was released to conclude the OVA story.

Ryo Chan said:
thund3r said:

the tenchi they showed on CNX was Tenchi Muyo and tenchi universe (which they fused into 1 show for some reason) and then tenchi in tokyo which was shown seperate

If they really did that then they are idiots because the two shows are completley different.

Nyu said:
Ryo Chan said:
thund3r said:

If they really did that then they are idiots because the two shows are completley different.

yep infact i remember when i actually first started collection tenchi dvd's i though i was being fooled as there were only 13 eps in the orignal oav, i didn't actually believe universe was a seperate series and that tenchi in tokyo was the retelling

Back