Freaks by Sakurako Gokurakuin

Miaka-chan

Stand User
I was rather surprised with this manga story, mainly because unbeknownst to me, it was rated as an 18! Written by the author of Juvenile Orion, Freaks is about a group of paranormal investigators. Their leader; Asagi Nanami has some rather unusual powers, as does the supposed sweet little girl called Tokiko.
The Freaks in the title are demonic forces with extremely evil powers and the investigators are hired by various people to dispose of these menaces.

You may ask, why then is it an 18? as it doesn't sound too bad! Well, there's lots of blood and gore and some rather large naked bosoms and a few naughty (but not overly erotic) scenes!!

I rather enjoyed the first volume and really loved the character design. My only complaint really is the poor quality of the actual manga book itself. Very thin card used for the cover and not the best quality paper used for the pages, but it's still worth the read :D

Chomolungma said:
Just what I was thinking! The premise sounds a bit cliche, but I may have to try it; I like paranormal-based stories.
If I were to try and compare the storyline, I'd say it's Inuyasha meets Tokyo Babylon with a slightly more mature theme :lol:

Back