Forums have been upgraded

chaos

The Boss
Dear all,

The forums had to be upgraded due to a series of problems with our hosting server. Unfortunately, this had to be dealt with urgency, therefore the change without any notice.
The upgrade process should have been seamless, but if you incurred in any problems, please don't hesitate to contact me or any of the staff.

Thank you for your comprehension,
Chaos

News/schedules and so on won't change at all, things will work just as before, just with a new look we're going to have to get used to. Don't worry too much, we'll make some tweaks wherever possible so it looks as good as it possibly can. If there is any issues somewhere along the line, fire us a message, i'll get to it as soon as i can

well from here how do i get to the main site iv looked and cant find anything to get to the schedule and news site.

by the way could you make it a lil more stand out it feels plain in here

The amount of white on the screen is a bit jarring, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Lack of a quick reply function is a bit annoying though...

Edit: Just noticed the friends/foes option in the user CP. I can imagine some people will enjoy this feature greatly! :lol:

Just a heads up, i've re-activated avatars, so you should have some image by your name now. However, please watch topics with spoielrs in, it seems the old spoiler tags don't have an affect on this new format, so until we can get that sorted, just be warned there maybe spoiler tags littered everywhere which aren't working, so that's the reason. I'll get it sorted(or chaos/rui will) asap

Rosencrantz said:
Ah, it did seem odd there was no warning. At least logins and posts have carried over.
Hosting company emailed me threatening to suspend the account or start charging over US$100 / month, because AUKN was using too much CPU. Rather than having them suspending the whole website, I had to make the quick decision to upgrade phpBB and get the hosting company to sort things on their side. I'll take this excuse to get the AUKN revamp done.

animefreak17 said:
wait what about the news and schedule and stuff
It's where they have always been. Just the menu on the forums is gone, but I'll try to fix this ASAP.

animefreak17 said:
well from here how do i get to the main site iv looked and cant find anything to get to the schedule and news site.
by the way could you make it a lil more stand out it feels plain in here
One thing at a time Grasshopper

VoxPhantom said:

You can now do it via the grey button in the centre at the bottom of each thread. Not quite as convenient but almost as quick...

R

VoxPhantom said:

Edit: Just noticed the friends/foes option in the user CP. I can imagine some people will enjoy this feature greatly! :lol:
It's there, but it's a button now, with the box showing when you click on it.

The foe button is a curious one... it hides the posts from your foes, so you don't have to see their BS

;)

Great you guys work so fast.. Really sad the forum is so "ugly" now though, the current theme feels too "default".. (And I miss the header images)
But in another viewpoint I had some forums before with phpBB3 & searched for a nice little theme which was available. (X-Static it was called I believe. :3)

Either way: I'm reacting a bit too early as you guys probably are looking into what you can change/tweak of this forum.
Really great all posts/log-ins moved with me/us! If this was YT I'd give a blue thumb & if this was FB I'd "like" it, because it still exists & that's the most important thing.

PS: If this feels like a troll, it's not meant as one... I won't lie that I find the default theme ugly. XD It hurts my eyes in some way. :p
But the previous one was really fitting & complete, so yeah.. ^_^ It's hard to surpass a masterpiece...

After five minutes looking around, I've decided I won't complain too much about this if the following conditions are met:

1. Avatars are returned to the left-hand side
2. The background is made a darker colour than white
3. I get a custom title

animefreak17 said:
what and where is CP

Top left, the control panel. For some reason pretty much everything is on the opposite side to where you'd expect at the moment :D

R, conveniently pretending not to see ayase's demands

animefreak17 said:
what and where is CP
Now that's really asking for trouble af. In the context you're talking about however, it refers to the "User Control Panel" up at the top left.

Everyone is simultaneously my friend and foe, so I won't have much use for it. That said, can we unban Aion now that we have an ignore button?

Edit: Ooh, it all just changed again. This is quite exciting.

In the time it's taken me to refresh twice, quick reply has gone from the button in the middle that I hadn't noticed to the old style box, great stuff guys (and girls)! :D

The foe button is a curious one... it hides the posts from your foes, so you don't have to see their BS

;)
I conan't think of anyone whose BS I wouldn't like to read... :lol:

Back