Forum T-Shirt

Dracos

Dragon Knight
I have had a quick look around but can't see a previous thread so here I go.

Has anyone put forward the idea of a forum T-shirt before that members can buy, or be sold at conventions for advertising the site.

I myself one love one with the "Cartoons are just for kids" banner printed on the front with the animeuknews.net address on the back.

Also you have to take into account how much it will cost to create the shirts, and whether it's worth it how many members are thinking of buying one.
I personally would love to wear one of AUKN shirts

I'd buy and wear one if it was designed correctly and looked good.

A white t-shirt with the whole banner on it would work wonders, imo.

does actually make me wonder who created that 'cartoons are for kids' banner.

other than that the shirts have to be made out of cotten, possible 10% polyester, BUT no more!

Whoever wants to makes them, would have to be prepared to face a loss of profit, you could always send a design into a create-your-own-t-shirt thing, I'm sure there are plenty of the net.
Forums are forums, not t-shirt factories :)

Roadie said:
Whoever wants to makes them, would have to be prepared to face a loss of profit, you could always send a design into a create-your-own-t-shirt thing, I'm sure there are plenty of the net.

Agreed for some reason whenever a forum gets half popular they seem to produce merchandise :|

Depending on colour and cost I would be happy to have one, would be cool to wear it at cons, would definately make meeting fellow forum members a whole lot easier

I'm not sure but the art style in that particular banner looks like the chap from VGCats', so selling something of his might not go down terribly well. I can't find the original though so could be wrong.

R

It was me. It's not VG Cats, it's phoenix Wright with a Koffing face.

If I designed a t-shirt i'd probably be original art featuring Minako, the sites mascot, kinda like the pictures i've done for my Lupin III review which shall be revealed in due course. The designing part sounds more fun than the selling though. Could always start a cafepress shop, that's free. *shrugs*

Gacha said:
Roadie said:

Agreed for some reason whenever a forum gets half popular they seem to produce merchandise :|
Seems that way, and I never buy merchandise for websites. It's tacky, and I'd rather wear a t-shirt that has no meaning at all, or is recognisable by a large number of people. Wearing a t-shirt of a website will make you look like an idiot.

It was just an idea I had because some forums have T-shirts. I was not expecting a whole line of merch or anything. Instead of getting anything specially made is it possible maybe to have a download of a couple of designs people can print off onto the iron on transfers so they can do their own for cons and whatnot and still look like they are actually connected to the site.

Maxon said:
Gacha said:
Roadie said:

Seems that way, and I never buy merchandise for websites. It's tacky, and I'd rather wear a t-shirt that has no meaning at all, or is recognisable by a large number of people. Wearing a t-shirt of a website will make you look like an idiot.

I will say this; if AUKN ever did have t-shirts, they wouldn't be tacky. This could be a good idea for the competition? Design a t-shirt?

Yeah, seems like a nice idea, but I don't think I'd be willing to buy one.

Maybe you should make a poll, and gauge how many would be interested from that?

A official badge or something would be nice, Small and simple; Could be useful for Forum meet-ups and such, Without turning yourself into a massive nerd by wearing a forum tee. I wouldn't say no to giving away official merchandise (forum or otherwise) for competitions, though. As Sy said, Using a Cafépress shop for it would be much more useful. No loss of money, But profit from money. The money could be used for competitions and such as well, To get bigger and better prizes... possibly.

Churchy99 said:
perhaps we could create a mascot?
See? This is what happens when Mascots don't get the exposure they deserve, Mr Bateszi. ;D

Back