Forum Modifications

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
I've completely modified the original phpBB code to create this forum (20 seperate modifications at least).

Notable mods include the classic file attachments and a 'cash modification' that is presented in the Cowboy Bebop 'Woolong' currency (the more you post, the more your 'woolongs' you earn/can donate - its just for fun :) ).

If you have any additional ideas for what could be added to the forum, please let me know! I'm still looking around for new things to add.

Thanks. Getting caught up with all this fancy modification stuff, I forgot something as standard as a link back to the site. I'll get onto it - cheers man.

That's a good suggestion... Just I need to find a modification that actually does that. I'll keep you posted on that one ;)

Just thought I'd add that I've added the 'Album' mofication to the forums. Everyone who signs up gets their own album, as well as being able to upload and view the public images too.

how exactly are you able to get athe main site's nav bar visible on the forum screens? is it becasue the whole site is written in php? i was just wondering, since my own site uses phpBB and i'm in the process of adding pages to it and it would be great to have the forum a bit more integrated into everything else.

It's quite simple actually. Just open up the 'overall_header' file in the templates/subSilver directory (or whatever theme your using) and then just add your HTML code. Nothing with PHP was needed.

I agree about the whole site/forum integration. For ages these forums looked like a completely seperate component from the site. Integrating the news posts into the forum really helped too.

cheers for that. as long as it's an HTML thing, it should be failry straightforward. i was considering doing the site in a php database form like this and the UKA site, but quite frankly won't be including enough content to warrant it. your linking of the news section to the forum was definitely a good idea though, and worth the extra effort.

Back