First flaming, then trolling and insults?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagami

Vampire Ninja
This isn't pointed directly at anyone. But, during the past weeks there has definitely been a massive change in the forum. It's almost like the members have made their own "groups" and, in these "groups", tackle, start flamewars, hi-jack topics and troll other individuals and "groups" like they have some kind of ego. I understand that people have their own opinions, and why someone could strongly disagree with it; But what kind of discussion is saying something like "could not give a **** what you think, piss off" - And it's even worse when members are chanting them to carry on. I didn't think about making this topic, until I saw yet another thread (this time out of random chit-chat) being hijacked >_>.

Anyway, I wont carry on; I am sure most of you know what I'm talking about, etc. So, your opinions on this matter? :]

I think it's outrageous. I don't understand why people simply don't get along...there's no need for hostilities no a forum. People come online to chill; not to be battered into a virtual corner by people with nothing better to do than bully and make arguments out of nothing.

I'm not going to name names, but every time 'C' posts there seems to be an argument. I think a lot of the problems are down to 'C' needing to prove himself right and the world wrong.

You do try hard to come across as a mature adult, don't you? If only you could lose the argumentative, "I'll have the last word no matter what!!!" attitude, have someone remove the object from your anus and remember not to throw around fake e-smiles. It's amusing that someone like you is telling another to gain more height.

I've banned Aion for one month due to his repeated abuse of fellow forum users.

hilarious, On top of ths we have people taking the piss out of other peope who have just come out of a mental breakdown, then they wonder why they react back like that.

Now then, anyway to delete my account of here?

The flaming/trolling arises from lack of respect for other forum users. Some people seem to think anonymity gives them superiority over others. They should be reasonable, respecting other's opinions and staying topical - most do, it's just a few who keep stirring up a storm and turning threads into their personal b**ching matches.

Argue about anime if it's going to be anything, not about your 'issues' with others.

I'd agree, but I don't think it's clique-y thing, just certain argumentative individuals. I admit I'm probably one of them.

I'm trying my best not to be provoked anymore, but it is frustrating seeing people piss all over other's points of view and foster an air of over-defensiveness throughout the forum. I'm still subscribing to the fact that AUKN has become a living entity and developed PMT. It'll all be over soon enough.

Yagami said:
Nevermind this post.. ;p
Good illustration of an important point Yagami. I happened to see what your post contained before. ;)

Some people don't want to speak their minds at the moment for fear of starting an argument. That's not a good thing. What would be nice would be if people respected each other's opinions and if they take issue, debated in a mature fashion. Comments that aren't productive include:

"This thread is pointless."

"This is all X's fault."

"How can you possibly think that." often accompanied by "...you idiot. Go piss up a rope" or words to that effect.

And sarcasm so deadpan that 90% of people take it seriously.

How about those of us who hate it agree to completely ignore the obvious trolls when they post and carry on as though nothing happened?

Since they're making noise for the sake of attention they'll end up having to plant relevant comments in their bitching to be acknowledged; it will make things more interesting. Most of them aren't bad people inside, it's just become fashionable to troll here lately.

R

This kind of backs up what both myself and Ryo mentioned a while back. There has been a lot of flaming and so on going on, and it does put us off going onto the general side of the forums. Topics which seem pointless to arguments going OTT. From what i see, there is a lot of hate for CitizenGeek, sure to an extent he may push things to far, but heck, a fair few do push him to it though, so to be honest, it does make me question how "bad" he really is, it does really look like a few of you are pushing him to it on occasion as if you want him gone. Besides if anyone starts aiming to heat an argument up to the point of insults or whatever, then maybe people should ignore that message instead? It'd stop the argument on the spot and it could easily get the topic back on track.

Thats my opinion anyway, i just think if you can't keep out of an argument which is at the point of insults, then you can't be any better yourself.

I hope geek does not mind me posting this but here is a pm he sent me last Friday.

I hope I didn't anger you by starting an argument in your Mental Breakdowns thread. I do understand it's important to you and I probably shouldn't have used it to take up my grievances with another member in it and for that, I'm sorry.

That is what type of a person geek is, he made a mistake and admitted it, How many other certain members on here admit that they pissed someone off? On purpose as well.

So again a few of you, get your head out your own ******* ass please.

And these people have the gaul to insult geek? Give me a break.

I admit I used to find a few of the over the top arguments in some topics kind of amusing but it's easy to tire of their silly charm when they're taking over every other thread that could have some valid discussion. Still I can tolerate them when they don't get personal or out of hand but when I see brain dead comments like this ...

"could not give a **** what you think, piss off"

If you're going to have a bitch fight then keep it to the topic where it started at least or take it to PM's.

I reckon people like to troll for three things

1) attention
2) to see the posters reaction
3) and try and get some lulz from others

seriously there should be a hide away bar like in DA to get rid of crap posts like that

EpicLulz said:
Yes why on Earth did I say that when he is taking the piss out of the fact I have just come out of a serious condition.
The fact is he was talking about the topic at hand and then you suddenly swooped in out of nowhere to bash him. You might have a problem with him but don't make everyone else read your stupid comments in irrelevant threads.

EpicLulz said:
Yes why on Earth did I say that when he is taking the piss out of the fact I have just come out of a serious condition.
On another thread, Lulz. Lupus may have not been very construtive to the BA Eva thread but never said anything about you on that thread until you attacked him, which was my exact problem in your thread where I posted a link and am suddenly accused of being snide and stifling discussion because someone presumes I'm holding a grudge from another thread.

And Arbalest, it's very civilised of you to say "rise above it" but most people feel the need to stick up for themselves. Otherwise you end up like Tibet.

ayase said:
And Arbalest, it's very civilised of you to say "rise above it" but most people feel the need to stick up for themselves. Otherwise you end up like Tibet.

I guess so, but i'm not going to take sides and say one person is right, the other wrong, since to be honest, both are in the wrong. Its not hard to ignore people on here when the posting gets out of hand, and if you really need to defend yourself, i'm sure doing so via PM's will be just as effective. I just think that the forums would be rid of the clutter of pointless arguments if people just left it.

Pointless, Im out of here, my mental breakdown thread was derailed by a bunch of morons. including lupus

You know I posted the exact same question on another forum and I got advice and storys from EVERYONE.

Not the mindless masses on here.

Tell you what I will now go round derailing every thread that ok? yes no?

******* sick some of you are attacking the likes of geek in my serious thread WHEN YOU NEED TO GET YOUR HEAD OUT YOUR OWN ******* ASSES YOU THICK ****S.

First off.

Yagami said:
CitizenGeek confirmed for double-accounting.

Second, I was a bit of a tit in the EVA thread, but EpicLulz has taken it far too personally, taking the internet too seriously, my friend. Your thread, while I have no problems with the question... an anime forum full of teens/people in their twenties [Some in their thirties too, but this is rare] I don't really think this was the best idea, at all. Inexperienced kids and young adults which the majority probably have never had a mental breakdown or even experienced one. I've already said this. I'm sorry, son, can you ever forgive me?

Of course I'll forgive you for that EVA flaming and crap and request Paul delete all of our posts in that thread.

Arbalest said:
I guess so, but i'm not going to take sides and say one person is right, the other wrong, since to be honest, both are in the wrong. Its not hard to ignore people on here when the posting gets out of hand, and if you really need to defend yourself, i'm sure doing so via PM's will be just as effective. I just think that the forums would be rid of the clutter of pointless arguments if people just left it.
What I'm trying to say though is that if everyone was more respectful then they could all be in the right - since everyone has a right to an opinion, and debate can be a good way to find out what others think and why they think that way. If people approach it in a way that makes everyone comfortable to state their views and talk about them.

Lupus Inu said:
taking the internet too seriously, my friend.
Got a lot of time on your hands since losing the election Mr McCain? :p

EpicLulz said:
******* sick some of you are attacking the likes of geek in my serious thread WHEN YOU NEED TO GET YOUR HEAD OUT YOUR OWN ******* ASSES YOU THICK ****S.

Errm er let me think...

NO

EpicLulz said:
Pointless, Im out of here, my mental breakdown thread was derailed by a bunch of morons. including lupus

don't forget to close the door on your way out *byebye*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back