First 5 eps of Gurren Lagann streaming now on Manga.co.uk

Neferpitou

Stand User
The first 5 episodes of English Dub of Gurren Lagann are now streaming on manga.co.uk website.
<a href="http://www.manga.co.uk/titles/gurren-lagann">Manga.co.uk&nbsp; Gurren Laggan Video Channel</a>

AWWWWW YES!!!! this is cool
but I already got the box set which had the first 9 eps at mcm
hope they plan on doing some other shows too :D

Rather cool of them, I hope this marks the start of a trend for Manga UK. Offering a legal 'try before you buy' option would be a good move.

Well i remember they said they planned to get this up after they announced the license agreement with Beez, so its good to actually see it come about. I'd be interested to see if they do a sub option as well, as i'm sure a fair few people would prefer that.

CitizenGeek said:
Manga UK distribute in Ireland and yet I can't watch those videos from here :/
DVD distribution rights and online streaming rights are very often unrelated to one-another. This is a good case-in-point since BEEZ are distributing Gurren Lagann in the UK on DVD but Manga have secured the online streaming rights (or reached a deal with Bandai/BEEZ to that effect).

(Pessimism warning.)
As nice as this is from our perspective, it's unfortunate that the industry is still at a stage where different regions need to purchase streaming rights themselves. In an ideal world, one in which the neologism 'geoblock' would never come to be, the first company to upload a legally-streamed and ad-supported show would also be the last.
Manga's heart is in the right place, but the solution they seem to be implementing comes with the geographical caveat that DVD releases do. On a whim, you could describe the current offerings as 'water off a fansubber's back'.

Zin5ki said:
(Pessimism warning.)
As nice as this is from our perspective, it's unfortunate that the industry is still at a stage where different regions need to purchase streaming rights themselves. In an ideal world, one in which the neologism 'geoblock' would never come to be, the first company to upload a legally-streamed and ad-supported show would also be the last.
Manga's heart is in the right place, but the solution they seem to be implementing comes with the geographical caveat that DVD releases do. On a whim, you could describe the current offerings as 'water off a fansubber's back'.
This ideal world that you talk of is simmply quackers, good sir. ;p

But yeah, I'm in Zin5ki's courner on this One, great that Manga was able to start a video service but the question remains "Why" when we "have" Crunchyroll, Funimation (though they don't geoblock, and I can imagine that will be changed come video portal 2.0 and they told thier investors that not geoblocking caused the OP Killer incident), Hulu and Youtube to name a few.
And you can keep screaming Legalbeagle at me, ain't gonna stop it sucking.

Conan-san said:
Zin5ki said:
(Pessimism warning.)
This ideal world that you talk of is simmply quackers, good sir. ;p

But yeah, I'm in Zin5ki's courner on this One, great that Manga was able to start a video service but the question remains "Why" when we "have" Crunchyroll, Funimation (though they don't geoblock, and I can imagine that will be changed come video portal 2.0 and they told thier investors that not geoblocking caused the OP Killer incident), Hulu and Youtube to name a few.
And you can keep screaming Legalbeagle at me, ain't gonna stop it sucking.

None of those things have gurren 8)

Lupus said:
Why not up to episode 8...?

ZING!
That's the episode where -insert here one of the most ubiquitous spoilers known to anime fans nowadays-, isn't it?
Regardless. I would take that statement back if I were you:
GNIZ!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back