FINAL FANTASY XV OT | TGS2015: 2016 Release Date, New 'Dawn 2.0' Trailer

NormanicGrav

Quintessential Grav
AUKN Staff
Figured the game itself should have its own thread for news etc.

More Final Fantasy XV (formerly known as Final Fantasy Versus XIII) gameplay was shown during the Jume Festa 2015 event where Hajime Tabata took the stage to explain some new details with the game so far:

Source: Latest News Explorer & Gematsu
Latest News Explorer & Gematsu said:
The trailer above showcases ‘Restarg’ city, it isn’t one of the biggest cities in the game, but it does have a major connection with the Titan, according to Tabata.
The entire ‘Restarg’ city is seamlessly connected, but Tabata didn’t go into details. Players will have the option to stay in hotels, shop, rest, eat, drive around in the car & take part in various events.

Resting is important in the game for level up, to receive status aliments, buffs to use during battles, you can go without resting for three days. Lack of sleep will prevent you from leveling up.
Each day is about 60 minutes in real world, with 45 minutes of daylight. Making food & eating will be beneficial, food can be purchased at markets and then prepared at campsites, with bestows buffs.

Initially, the Titan was part of the upcoming FFXV Episode Duscae demo, but the development team scrapped the idea since the Titan was important to the main story. Titan was replaced with Summon beasts. Summons play a less importance role in the final game, however, players will be able to control the powerful summon beats.

Players can travel the world in Noctis’ signature car, few places will be accessible via train. You’ll be able to explore the train as you move around.

Tabata revealed Cole will join the party to help them in a battle. The party doesn’t have fixed members. Cor Leonis will occasionally join Noctis and friends. The game will feature few guest character appearances.

Cole is an advisor to Noctis’ father, Regis Lucis Caelum CXIII, the 113th king of the royal family of Lucis, the last kingdom to control a crystal.
The new female character, Cidney is a mechanic, she doesn’t play a major role in the game’s story, but she is important to the gameplay as a mechanic. Cidney will make an appearance in Episode Duscae demo.

In Final Fantasy XV‘s internal lore, Noctis is the only character with Magic powers. However, via a special, party members will be able to use Magic.

FFXV Episode Duscae demo will include dual audio, both English & Japanese. Tabata said, multiple languages for retail version could be a issue due to European languages & file size. He hopes to release a single SKU with all languages worldwide.

The Episode Duscae demo will be limited to early copies of Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, but Tabata will offer the tech demo shown at Tokyo Game Show as a free download for fans who can’t purchase Type-0 HD right away, more details will be revealed after Episode Duscae release.

The game is still in development since 2006 and was renamed since 2013.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: FINAL FANTASY XV - Jump Festa Trailer + Dual Audio Demo

English UK Trailer (No Subtitles on screen)

Japanese Dub Trailer

I'm very happy to hear that there's a chance the full game will be dual audio. I'm not really impressed with what I've heard from the English side so far.
I've been hyped about this game from the very first trailers years and years ago, and each time a new trailer is posted it doesn't disappoint.

Anyone else been on the demo of this? I think it shows a lot of promise for the eventual finished product.

ilmaestro said:
Anyone else been on the demo of this? I think it shows a lot of promise for the eventual finished product.

I should be able to play it sometime this week (need permission from flatmate first before using his PS4), worse case scenario will be after Easter.

ilmaestro said:
Put it this way, I've spent about 9 hours on this thing so far. I pretty much bought Type-0 solely for the demo. I've played probably about 10 minutes of Type-0 and I couldn't be bothered with it.
As for XV, unfortunately the initial "HOLY **** THIS IS AWESOME" period has expired, and I'm now getting increasingly frustrated by the camera, the terrible lock on system and just how clunky the combat can be.
If anything I'm just hoping the performance of the demo is in no way reflective of the final product. This is the first PS4 game I've played at sub 1080p and it really shows. 900p at sub 30fps (Dropping to single digits in some scenarios) with constant frameskipping is not great at all.
Thankfully there's a hell of a lot of optimization that can be done between now and the final release. Ultimately the demo has served it's purpose and I'm still incredibly hyped for XV - and especially it's OST. (Dat night battle theme!)

I actually think Type-0 is really cool too, so maybe that explains why I'm less upset by the combat system. ^^;

I understand what people are saying about the camera, but I do think it's something you can get used to once you drop the initial impression that this is an action game. Would be nice if the lock-on worked like it does in Type-0 though, there's no real need to force you to click the stick in (always the least convenient use of the controller).

Performance-wise, there's no real way to even evaluate this demo I think. It's not like we're used to seeing with "beta" releases that are actually the finished game just testing servers or w/e, this is from legitimately well before the end of the development cycle of the game.

Major information has been revealed with regards to the development of XV.

- First of, the Episode Duscae Demo will receive it's 2.0 update on June 9th. The update will feature party members going on their own around the place, some frame-rate issues being fixed and much more.
- Next is the development of the actual main campaign. Due to the direction that XV has now gone, a lot of stuff was cut out from Final Fantasy Versus XIII. This includes the removal of heroine Stella who was featured in one of the early trailers which her and Noctis were having a conversation at a party. She was supposed to be a playable character alongside Noctis but the production team felt they couldn't figure out a way to place her in XV's story. And speaking of the party (which featured the enemy forces breaching the event, it was located in the city of Insomnia), that entire scene has also been removed from the main game for a reason which they can't specify due to potential spoilers. They have also stated that the main game will maintain the gameplay set in the city as many fans liked the concept from the early trailers, as well as certain characters like a woman with dark hair and a female dragoon.

Re: FINAL FANTASY XV - "XV is no longer Versus"

A new trailer was released from Gamescom 2015:

3 minutes of new footage - 1 minute of father/son hugging.

Re: FINAL FANTASY XV - New Dawn Trailer from Gamescom 2015

Game Informer managed to interview the folks who were at Gamescom, they said the game is around 65% complete (UPDATE: I Misread the percentage lol).

I'm willing to beat it'll see a release at least sometime in 2017 for us.

Re: FINAL FANTASY XV - Gamescom '15: Dawn Trailer, Game around 50-60% done

Not sure about that. I mean if it took them 9 years to do 50% I reckon we won't see it until 2024 :p

IncendiaryLemon said:
Not sure about that. I mean if it took them 9 years to do 50% I reckon we won't see it until 2024 :p

To be fair they restarted development from scratch about a couple of years ago. With a new director (the same director who worked on Type-0) they've been progressing as planned apparently.

I'm expecting the Japanese version to reach at least 80% just before 2017.

Oh, that stream earlier today was meh but there's some new gameplay:

Damn, it's going to take them longer to make FFXV than it did to make 1 to 7.....

I guess more or less starting again will do that though, games changed so much since the Verses reveal....what annoys me even more is that for some reason, I still give a crap about this game haha

Re: FINAL FANTASY XV - Gamescom '15: Dawn Trailer, Game around 65% done

Updated the title, turns out it's 65% done. At Tokyo Games Show last year the game was about 50-60% done.

Whelp, looks like it's going at a pace of 10-15% per year then.

Well yes, and no. Some "%" of a game is harder/lengthier to make than some other "%" of a game. That's why those numbers are not really helpful, but I can see why publishers feel compelled to say something like that. I will be surprised if SE can afford to miss 2016 entirely.

Video game news website Gamespot reported on Thursday that Final Fantasy XV game director Hajime Tabata has confirmed with the site that Square Enix will release the game in 2016.

Tabata told the website, "...I can tell you that it isn't going to be released this year. I think we'll be able to tell you when we're making the announcement around PAX Prime, at the end of this month." Tabata then added, "We can certainly say to people: it's not going to be 2017. It's going to be before that."

Tabata also told Gamespot, "...we've set down the release date, we know when it is, and we've got a complete road map lined up, right up to launch, and we're proceeding along that as planned."
Well then

Re: FINAL FANTASY XV - Hajime Tabata: "it's not going to be 2017. It's going to be before that."

At least he announced when they'll announce the announcement.

Re: FINAL FANTASY XV - PAX2015: "Release date to be revealed in March 2016"

Square Enix will announce the release date of Final Fantasy XV at a “special event” in March.

The news comes from the game’s Active Time Report panel at PAX in Seattle today, where director Hajime Tabata confirmed that the game will indeed arrive in 2016, but that the team isn’t ready to announce the specific date just yet. No other information about the event was announced.

CNnSvQjWgAE5aBS.png

Speaking to IGN, Tabata also confirmed that an additional Active Time Report will take place in Japan during the upcoming Tokyo Game Show and will contain more information on two characters: Luna and Regis (the father of main character Noctis).

Tabata previously confirmed that Final Fantasy XV will see a simultaneous worldwide release.
Source

In today’s Active Time Report held at PAX Prime 2015, Square Enix and director Hajime Tabata went over some of the concept art for Final Fantasy XV.

20150829_175714_thumb.png

During the Active Time Report, Hajime Tabata shared some details on the game’s concept art. The top is the Hammerheard, where you meet Cindy. It’s based off the shark, as the Final Fantasy XV developers are actually quite fond of them. It was hinted that the owner is a an engineer that everyone who plays Final Fantasy will be familiar with.

As for the town shown on the bottom, it’s a look at Lestallum a city whose power is generated by Meteor via a large structure.

20150829_180005_thumb.png

The above shows a little of the concept art of the many areas you’ll get to check out in the game.

20150829_180057_thumb.png

Noctis’ father is the owner of Regalia. While Final Fantasy XV will have a theme between friends, it will also tell the tale between father and son with Noctis and his father.

In FFXV, Eidolons are smarter and have more personality, as well as playing vital roles into the story.

20150829_180216_thumb.png

FFXV’s Leviathan was revealed to be female, which is pretty interesting as Square Enix don’t often go into genders as far as Primals and Summoned Beasts go. Eidolons were also involved in the creation of the world in FFXV, with some concept art showcasing that:

20150829_180337_thumb.png

We also get to see one of the more recognizable ones in Ramuh in the artwork.

20150829_180423_thumb.png

Lunafreya is shown fleeing a town after it got invaded. More information concerning Luna will be revealed at TGS. For now, Tabata says that she’s a strong woman, and we’ll learn more about her soon.

20150829_180522_thumb.png

Caim a small oupost near the ocean. Noctis and his group will arrive in Caim, then get in a boat and travel across the ocean to Altissia, a city modeled after Venice, Italy, on the continent Accordo. Boat travel will be seamless. It will be a one-way trip, but Tabata says that it’ll be a beautiful sequence that you’ll get to enjoy.
Source

20150829_182921_thumb.png

In Square Enix’s Active Time Report for Final Fantasy XV at PAX Prime 2015, director Hajime Tabata shared the latest on the game, including a look at how you’ll get to go cruising on the Reglia with Noctis and his crew.

20150829_181331_thumb.png

20150829_181339_thumb.png

Auto mode will have the car go to its destination with Ignis as the driver. While Ignis takes control of the wheel, you’ll get to enjoy the scenery and conversations.

20150829_181347_thumb.png

As previously reported, Noctis’ father King Reigis is the owner of Regalia. While Final Fantasy XV will have a theme of bond between friends, it will also share a story that tells the bond between Noctis and his father.

You can switch to manual at any mark. There’s a gasoline marker to indicate how much gas you have, and if you run out, then you’ll have to do something about it. Also, Cindy will bring your car to you via a valet feature, but you will have to pay her.

20150829_181529_thumb.png

Different camera views will be available while driving. You can pull over whenever you want and explore the area.

Additional details on Regalia and what it’s like to ride the car in Final Fantasy XV will be revealed at Tokyo Game Show 2015 next month, when the next Active Time Report will take place.
Source

Re: FINAL FANTASY XV - TGS2015: 2016 Release Date, New 'Dawn 2.0' Trailer

A new trailer has been released, titled 'Dawn 2.0'.

CPEWU19WwAASLXN.png:large

Back