FF9 out on PSN...

Hokum

Straw Hat Pirate
For anyone interested. I never played this on the PS, so i may pick it up once i've finished FF8 on the PSP.

Seriously?

This is still far and away my favourite FF game, if I didn't have loads of stuff to play and no time whatsoever I'd probably buy it again.

The last good Final Fantasy game, and the only one I don't own anymore on PS1 because my nephew is dumb as **** and lost the discs, not sure if I'll buy it.

9 is a sweet game, but I want you to tally up the number of songs in the soundtrack that don't devolve into Melodies of Life.

And the bit when you control Vivi at the beginning is as sluggish as the battle system.

Nope sorry i just really hated 9 it just managed to grate on me in some unknown way and yes I went all the way through it and completed it but still it just didn't sit right with me and is still probably in the attic with my the rest of my PS1/2 games

McIcy said:
The only Final Fantasy game I couldn't stand such a let down after the epic story of final fantasy 8
really? I felt it was more epic than FF8, and it had more interesting characters in my opinion

memorium said:
McIcy said:
The only Final Fantasy game I couldn't stand such a let down after the epic story of final fantasy 8
really? I felt it was more epic than FF8, and it had more interesting characters in my opinion

I hope you are trollin' FF9 was good but FF8 was on a whole other level.

Except it doesn't explain the shared dream of Laguna in Disc 1 or Ellone's appearance in Disc 1 at all.
Unless Disc 1 retrospectively became Squall's dream and these elements were added by his dream.

But then the whole game's set in a dream which completely removes the point of it being a dream after his death, because it could now all be in someone else's imagination.

I'm about 4 hours into FFIX and at the moment the story is anything but epic. You can, in fact, barely call it a story at all. The problem could be that I've spent most of those 4 hours either fighting sluggish battles or waiting for those battles to load. Ugh.

The speed settings are all turned up to maximum and I haven't noticed much of a difference. But I do like the equipment/skill system and the game has enough charm to keep me interested... for now.

Back