Yeah I remember you mentioning this on another thread but couldn’t see the aoa version anywhere even on eBay but I’ve just got a new external blu ray drive so I’m gonna learn how to add subs soon as I’ve got other jp discs that also need them.

Lore question for @Vincentdante: who is this joker Caren Hortensia character, off of the current FGO event? All the FSN characters have comedic recollections her, but I can't recall her character. Is she off of Prisma Illya or the Hollow Ataraxia VN sequel? I hate lore FOMO...

She is a major character in Hollow Ataraxia.
^ Yup this.

She is Kirei's replacement.

Last edited:
Well, since I am already here. I also jumped on the FGO train again back in October. Stuck with it and am slowly working my way through the Lostbelts currently. I like it. Managed to pull through the tutorial this time, though it probably helped that I managed to get 2 SSR and 3 SR in one of my first 10-pulls (yeah, in the same 10-pull). The writing quality varies between parts (Septem is Fate at its worst, and Camelot is probably, along with F/HA, my favorite Fate story).

---

That said, I did not like the movie adaptations of Camelot. They changed too much and while not quite as bad as the UBW movie, it is similar in the way it condenses the story too much and takes shortcuts. Granted, they nailed the ending to the second movie. Solomon adaptation was much better in that regard, though it left out some important parts. Grand Carnival was amazing but did not expect anything else.

Yeah, Septem is the best example of when a Fate story does not work. "Let's throw a bunch of historical characters together for.... reasons... and let them do... stuff", not to say how it waste a lot of potentially cool historical characters that they could have done more interesting stuff with, like Caligula or Caesar, and leaves them just... "meh".

Heheh thanks for the info guys and that seems very fitting indeed. Speaking of the mild spoiler, I'm now reminded of Kirei's wife with her white hair and some mention of England? as shown in the third heaven's feel movie, and while he did say both her and their kid died, this is Kirei after all... I get the feeling I may very well have already spoiled this for myself a good while back when lore-digging heh. Ugh, now I want to play Hollow Ataraxia aarrrghh.

probably helped that I managed to get 2 SSR and 3 SR in one of my first 10-pulls (yeah, in the same 10-pull).
That is bloody brilliant, nice one!! Who'd you pull?

I didn't mind Septem that much but probably because I had seriously low expectations heh. I do agree that they wasted potentially creating a great story around some fascinating characters. Given that recreating their own myths with historical figures is what Fate excels at, it was definitely a squandered opportunity with the Romans. Camelot and onwards the storyline is great though.

That is bloody brilliant, nice one!! Who'd you pull?

Got Dioscuri and Saber Astolfo as SSR. As for SR, it was Atalante, Nursery Rhymes, and lancer Elizabeth (already had Parvati as my first guaranteed SR). Pulled Cleopatra, probably my favorite servant along with Dioscuri, when she was rate up as well so I was set through the first singularities :).

Honestly, I thought most of the other pre-Camelot was alright. I mean, London was comfy, Okeanos had some neat vibes going on and America felt epic.

I'm a fan of those three singularities as well, London in particular for me.

I also love the pseudo singularities pre-lostbelts (apart from Agartha). With Salem being my favorite of the three four.

Yeah, Salem was really good and Shinjuku was a great way to kick off the continuation after Solomon. As to Agartha, can see what they tried to do and I kinda like it on a broad conceptual basis but the writing did not pull it off whatsoever. Felt a bit too "weird fanatic" for me and some scenes were just cringe-worthy. If what they did to Caesar and Caligula annoys me, do not get me started on Wu Zetian...

Got Dioscuri and Saber Astolfo as SSR. As for SR, it was Atalante, Nursery Rhymes, and lancer Elizabeth (already had Parvati as my first guaranteed SR). Pulled Cleopatra, probably my favorite servant along with Dioscuri, when she was rate up as well so I was set through the first singularities :).
That is a brilliant set dude, you were more or less set with your knights and cavalry from the get go, except a strong Rider maybe? Which was also my main deficiency, with good old dependable Ushi holding the fort as my best rider until only recently with the new year banner haha. Having a full set of SSRs, with the exception of the excellent grailed run Emiya for the Archer slot, I definitely felt the difference in the recent grail front which was much, much easier than the last one heh. I love the Cleopatra and Nitocris characters, they're such jokers.

On the singularities, I really liked London too (great music!), but for whatever reason I found the American one really irritating, can't put my finger on why exactly. Also think the "3" Pseudo-singularities were great, my favourite being the hilarious Shinjuku, even though it only just edges past the other two due to it's memorable comedy. Then there was Agartha.... which was interesting to be fair, but again feeling like squandered potential; Wu Zetian, whilst funny as heck, also felt quite wasted; but most egregious to me was Sheherzade - I found her incredibly annoying and just a poorly written character.

Yeah, actually I think rider is the only class I completely lack any SR or SRR in. Otherwise, I think I am set. Like you, I only paid for the GSSR New Year's, otherwise, I staunchly limit myself to free SQ. Yet I got Space Ishtar, Taira no Kagekiyo and Caren this year on YOLO pulls, which completely baffled me (I kind of had the same reaction Altera had in the "Learn FGO through Manga" OVA/ONA when she got Saber through a sole summon ticket) as it was more or less a "what the heck, I could always try one or two solo pulls" kind of thing. Probably wasted my luck for the rest of the year, not that I really "need" any more servants gameplay-wise now.

The one thing I disliked about America was one of the final bosses. Three iterations of the same boss do not a fun boss battle make.

Back