There is only the two really, FGO and Witch on the Holy Night (I really want to call it Mahoyo). The rest are japanese imports with fan patches unfortunately. I don't think it's in the TOS to let me tell you how to run fan mods but feel free to PM me if you want to go over it privately :)

I guess there are the Fate Extra/Extella games if you want to count them, They are more like traditional RPG's instead of visual novels but here is a quick order guide for them.

-Fate/Extra: Came out on PSP and is getting a remake as Fate/Extra record
-Fate/Extra CCC: the one that they don't think can be remade. Came out on PSP. This act's as an alternative route for the original Extra
-Fate/Extra the anime on Netflix: This follows on from one of the bad endings from the game, I haven't seen it myself.
-Fate/Extella: Currently out on modern consoles and on Steam so it's easy to buy. A pseudo sequal to Fate/Extra.
-Fate/Extella Link: Direct sequal to Extella, also out on Steam and modern systems

This is all we have in the west, unless you are comfortable with importing and modding your games (and hardware in the case of the Switch). This is why Mahoyo getting an official english release is such a huge deal for us :)
Good to know, thank you. I forget we don't really have any fate games here, except for just now with Mahoyo (yeah, I'm going with that too). Cool, I've bookmarked this message to come back to for the list of games. Don't think I'll have the patience for modding things though, especially hardware, and with my long list of stuff to get through there's even a chance all these will have Western releases by the time I get to them heheh.

Sitting here reading Tsukihime has me thinking how much I wish I could share it. So I was wondering when Mahoyo releases later this year if anyone would be interested in a simulwatchread or something of the sort?

Granted I do realise such a thing might be difficult to organise though for a visual novel that is estimated to be about 25-30 hours give or take for individual reading speed. But I'm just thinking it would be fun to talk about it.

Oooh simulread! How interesting, I'm always up for trying, even if time is the enemy. Though, I think that for VNs it may be possible with relatively relaxed schedules, maybe leave the week for everyone to read over chapter (or whatever - I haven't done many VNs so would be guided by you guys) and then catch up over the weekends? By the way, you getting Mahoyo from play-Asia or locally in the UK?

Oooh simulread! How interesting, I'm always up for trying, even if time is the enemy. Though, I think that for VNs it may be possible with relatively relaxed schedules, maybe leave the week for everyone to read over chapter (or whatever - I haven't done many VNs so would be guided by you guys) and then catch up over the weekends? By the way, you getting Mahoyo from play-Asia or locally in the UK?
I still have it pre-ordered on play-asia as I want to have it physically. If they announce a physical western release I'll jump on that fast.

I still have it pre-ordered on play-asia as I want to have it physically. If they announce a physical western release I'll jump on that fast.
Ah I see, it's being released here but not as a physical release, I'd forgotten. I'd held off pre-ordering but think I'll cave and put it in now, especially with a potential simulread on the cards!

I still need to place my order. I've been forgetful on that.
If you wait a bit longer you could even remove the pre from preorder :p
Ah I see, it's being released here but not as a physical release, I'd forgotten. I'd held off pre-ordering but think I'll cave and put it in now, especially with a potential simulread on the cards!
Nice, I think it's going to be a good one for folk who have seen Garden of Sinners as it follows the Aozaki sisters. But for plot specifics I'm waiting to read it myself too :)

Finally a new trailer for Fate/EXTRA Record has dropped 🔥

Screenshot_20220731-123143.jpg
Screenshot_20220731-123729.jpg

Fate / EXTRA released on July 22nd 2010,
as the first RPG in the Fate series.
10 years after its original release, the game is
now being remade for current generation platforms.
To all those who once witnessed the Moon Holy Grail War unfold,
and those who have yet to,
please look forward to its arrival.

【Official】Fate/EXTRA Record Trailer 2022

Last edited:
Finally a new trailer for Fate/EXTRA Record has dropped 🔥

View attachment 25584
View attachment 25585

Fate / EXTRA released on July 22nd 2010,
as the first RPG in the Fate series.
10 years after its original release, the game is
now being remade for current generation platforms.
To all those who once witnessed the Moon Holy Grail War unfold,
and those who have yet to,
please look forward to its arrival.

【Official】Fate/EXTRA Record Trailer 2022
The Fate/Extra series all got english releases but it's not something we can take for granted still. So hoping it comes out and I'll play it.

In other news Arcueid is FGO's 7th anniversary servant. Honestly, I'm not a fan as turning her into a servant just feels wrong. Not to mention in lore Arcueid is waaay more powerful than any heroic spirit. Though with that said of course I will have to pull for her, and her noble phantasm is the first in the game that actually changes the whole stage which is cool.

Last edited:
Just hit my first bad ending in Tuskihime. I thought I was doing pretty well since this was dinged as the 4th dead end on the list. But then the game called me out on my bullsh*t.

dead end.jpg

Just sharing because I thought it was pretty funny.

Last edited:
I've done the same. It's so nice that it finally is available properly. 5 years late but starting from scratch was never on the cards, it would take years to catch up, and I think they probably realised every player in those regions currently playing would not like losing 5 years of progress.

Loving Salem in FGO at the moment, certainly living up to the iconic name. Definitely enjoying the horror elements in the game after the recent servant camp event homages to horror movies. Shimousa was great as well, especially the swordmaster fights' showdowns (despite being locked into a not ideal support character for a fair few fights heh). It certainly made me appreciate the Las Vegas event that much more, not just with the event's take on the swordmaster fights but also the Udon cooking foreshadowing heheh.

Back