Fairy Tail Dragon Cry Now Streaming on Netflix UK & Ireland

N

NormanicGrav

Earlier today we mentioned that two of the most recent Dragon Ball Z films were recently added for Netflix’s streaming services in the UK & Ireland. Now we have noticed that Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry randomly popped up in the catalogue. The title displayed under its Japanese name (in kanji form) so it didn’t show up in the listings when we checked earlier.

Fairy-Tail-Dragon-Cry-5.jpg

Netflix notes the film offers English subtitles alongside the original Japanese audio. You can view the film’s page here.

The Dragon Cry is a magic artefact with enough power to destroy the world. Enshrined within a temple in the Kingdom of Fiore, the Dragon Cry is stolen by Zash, a traitor of Fiore, and delivered to Animus, the ruler of the Kingdom of Stella.

The task of recapturing the Dragon Cry falls to Natsu and the Mages of the Fairy Tail Guild. During their mission to track down Zash, they infiltrate the Kingdom of Stella, and it is here they meet Animus’ magician, Sonya…

What does Animus plan to do with the Dragon Cry? Sonya wants to save her country, but what secret is she hiding? Within the interlacing ulterior motives, Fairy Tail fights against the danger that is the menacing world!

And in the middle of this heroic battle, Natsu’s instinct awakens…

Funimation UK are distributing Fairy Tail on DVD, while Anime Limited plan to distribute Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry for home video sometime in 2018.

Continue reading...

As much as I really don't like Fairy Tail (I know....I made a swear), do you think Netflix are gonna start making a habit out of picking up anime cinema releases quite quickly (looking at Amazon with Your Name).

As much as I really don't like Fairy Tail (I know....I made a swear), do you think Netflix are gonna start making a habit out of picking up anime cinema releases quite quickly (looking at Amazon with Your Name).

Depends on the film and a lot of factors - through simple logistics I'd say no though. Minimum of 10-12 months after theatrical in the UK is the average, occasional outliers may be sooner, many may be later.

AP

Back