Expo Licenses & News

Peachy

Bumpkin
MVM:
Rosario & Vampire - September release
October: Rosario & Vampire Season 2.
November will see Mayo Chiki released.
Bodacious Space Pirates licensed by MVM for release next year.
Dream Eater Merry and Risen Maiden Overture (I think they must mean Rozen Maiden)
coming from MVM next year too.
MVM are looking to license the rest of Shana (season three and OVAs). Have Season 2.
MVM: Sony licensing costs are prohibitive, and consumer and retailer take-up have both been slow. MVM are sharing all costs with Madman for Broken Blade Blu-Ray - discs feature both company logos and both country rating certificates.
LIVE ACTION (from their FB) - Live action wise we're releasing My Ex 1&2 and the latest from the director of The Ring, Incite Mill, which will be renamed Death Game over here.

MANGA/KAZE:
Black Lagoon on Blu-Ray - coming on July 2nd! - First two seasons - one complete DVD set, two separate Blu-Ray season sets.
Bleach Season 9 - new-look releases in conjunction with Kaze UK
Strike Witches Season 2 - released 23rd July on DVD.
Panty & Stocking - currently slated for July 30th DVD release. Still waiting for masters however!
6th August: Spice & Wolf Season 2.
13th August: Squid Girl Season 1 DVD.
Sengoku Basara Season 2 - released on 17th September.
Tiger & Bunny movie 1 to get theatrical screenings in London and Scotland.
8th October DVD release for The World God Only Knows. Season 2 coming next week.
No date for release of second Mardock Scramble movie - waiting for English dub.
Q&A time. Black Rock Shooter is tough to license as it's designed to sell figures, which UK distributors don't do!
Jerome had lunch with Toei on Friday - Manga are looking at options to license more of their series.
Manga Entertainment: We need cost per disc to come down to make it more viable. BD inception costs are 3x higher than DVD. Hoping for a better deal with replicators next year.
In reply to me on Twitter: "However, we have #Gintama movie scheduled for Dec and......#MadokaMagica will get a 3-disc complete series release in mid October."
Berserk Movies - Kaze UK will start releasing these films from December 31st. First movie will be released on DVD and Blu-Ray, working towards a Collectors Edition as well. The first film will also get theatrical screenings in October (read: At Scotland Loves Anime!).
Viz Media are probably trying to assemble a dub cast around the original TV anime dub, no official word on this yet however. Currently discussing outtakes from the US dub of the original Berserk anime TV series.

Regarding Beez:

"Gundam licenses will be staying with Bandai, but all other Beez licenses have been released back to their original licensors. Currently in progress is the task of relicensing as many series as possible for the UK with other distributors. Thus, a lot of shows (such as Code Geass for example) will re-emerge once the new licenses are finalised, some of them later this year!"

CREDIT @UKANIME

Just Passing Through said:
Ought to add clarification that MVM do indeed have Shana Season 2, before they go after S3

and Season 2 of The World God Only Knows coming next week?

I imagine they typed it wrong in the rush to post ..as it doesn't make a lick of sense. They may have meant next year?

It's good to see MVM back with a vengeance with new licences.

Also interesting to see MVM sharing the actual discs themselves and not just the masters with Madman for the Broken Blade bluray, makes a great deal of sense.

Awesome stuff from MVM, glad to see Shana s2 finally getting a release. I'll try out Dream Eater Merry, might ganble on Rosario and Vampire too.

Manga didn't really excite me with any of their announcements, assuming the TWGOK s2 thing meant the week after the release of the first season?

Slightly underwhelmed by Kaze, thought they'd have a lot more to announce. Edit: Kaze panel at 1:30, should be interesting!

Also, MVM sharing BD costs with Madman and sticking both logos/age ratings on the discs is a welcome example of a UK distributor using common sense.

MVM have Moretsu Pirates? Fantastic. Did they mention any kind of release for it though? BD/DVD? Would love if they could manage Blu-Ray, but can understand if they can't manage it. Broken Blade being shared between them and madman i think is quite a sensible way of doing things, if anything, it may allow for it all to be released in BD. Could easily be wrong though.

Black Lagoon BD makes me want to consider double dipping. And for Tiger & Bunny to get theatrical releases confirms to me one film for SLA, fantastic.

Dannielle said:
MANGA/KAZE:

Aw rats!

Locked off subs and audio with UPOP laden discs.
They've been working with Viz Media Europe up to now and Kaze is VME so no reason to expect drastic changes other than a Kaze logo.

Shiroi Hane said:
Dannielle said:
MANGA/KAZE:

Aw rats!

Locked off subs and audio with UPOP laden discs.
They've been working with Viz Media Europe up to now and Kaze is VME so no reason to expect drastic changes other than a Kaze logo.

Indeed, but the disc masters they have been using up to now have been Madman's

With the possible exception of Bodacious Space Pirates that's a rather disappointing list from MVM, at least for my tastes.

Black Lagoon on BD is excellent work by Kaze / Manga. Bring on the OVAs and I'll upgrade that assessment to outstanding. Panty & Stocking isn't getting a BD release, as such nor is it getting purchased by me. International distributors can take that message back to the Japanese licensors who've prohibited a BD release. We're region B here you daft sods, did your reverse importation paranoia blind you to that fact? Sengoku Basara S2 and Squid Girl... I don't imagine we're getting BDs for those either? Tiger & Bunny sounds promising if it stays on target.

Can't Kaze just buy Manga and free them from Starz, and the two companies combine mecha-style into a better UK distributor for the 21st Century?

Before it was unveiled that KAZE were doing a panel, i said something on Twitter about expecting licenses from Manga & Kaze..and with that i JUST got a reply from Manga ....

" Timings! I have stuff I wanted to announce, but can't yet. However, we have #Gintama movie scheduled for Dec and......#MadokaMagica will get a 3-disc complete series release in mid October."

MVM have Shana season 2? Awesome! Made my day.

As I have FUNi's reissue of Geneon's season 1, I might go with the region 1 release, but that depends on whether FUNimation actually care to make the spines and artwork match up, whether or not FUNi are allowed to release it on BD and the difference in release dates. If FUNi's release is going to be DVD-only as well and the release date difference isn't too much, I'll wait for MVM's.

However, I will definitely be picking up a fair few of those MVM licenses. Nice to see them getting back in the game!

EDIT:
Wait...Madoka Magica...3 discs...guess that means DVD only then?

Gintama movie from Manga in December.

Madoka Magica 3-Disc complete collection in October.

A sign of Twitter addiction when you're not announcing the stuff at the panel that you are attending at that minute.

He was late for some reason :/ Not sure what happened but they started the panel without him so he couldn't unveil them when he should have.

UK Anime's Twitter has confirmed that the first Berserk movie will be at Scotland Loves Anime in October. Films will be started to be released from New Years Eve; DVD and Blu-ray, looking at collectors edition.

"Viz Media are probably trying to assemble a dub cast around the ironical TV anime dub, no official word on this yet however."

Berserk and T&B Movie 1 at the SLA is fantastic. I had a feeling they would both me there, but now they are confirmed, even better. A collectors edition Berserk would be picked up without any hesitation as well

Back