Everybody Loves Jerome

I haven't taken it as him complaining, quite honestly I think he's just curious about how Kodansha are making the release work. It's something I've wondered as well and hadn't been able to get much knowledge about until now.

For once I think he really is just information gathering rather than complaining. :p

I agree that he seems more confused than annoyed, like he's outsourcing his research to decide whether a separate release might make sense. I suspect it would, if he can manage it, since the US-only discs will turn off the casual audience that a megahit like Attack On Titan deserves to attract.

R

Yeah I originally thought that but then his is it BBFC'd question made me wonder (also shows the licensors of the show have no clue about the OVAs)

Rui said:
I agree that he seems more confused than annoyed, like he's outsourcing his research to decide whether a separate release might make sense. I suspect it would, if he can manage it, since the US-only discs will turn off the casual audience that a megahit like Attack On Titan deserves to attract.

R

I imagine the cost would be prohibitive to a lot of people. £12 or so for 24 minutes on a disc, you can't really use is not the best value.

Plus, with the greatest will in the world, my AoT loving friends probably don't read the manga legally even though they can do so for free. They probably didn't even know the OVAs were out on DVD. I don't follow the AoT manga, so I'm concerned about missing some of them...

Buzz201 said:
Rui said:

R

I imagine the cost would be prohibitive to a lot of people. £12 or so for 24 minutes on a disc, you can't really use is not the best value.

Plus, with the greatest will in the world, my AoT loving friends probably don't read the manga legally even though they can do so for free. They probably didn't even know the OVAs were out on DVD. I don't follow the AoT manga, so I'm concerned about missing some of them...

Thats a shame I read the manga on CR and buy the physical vols.

Buzz201 said:
Plus, with the greatest will in the world, my AoT loving friends probably don't read the manga legally even though they can do so for free.

On what service? If you mean Crunchyroll, they only have the latest chapters, they don't have it from the start. I wish they did, I'd love to read it, especially when S2 of the show has been delayed.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Buzz201 said:
Plus, with the greatest will in the world, my AoT loving friends probably don't read the manga legally even though they can do so for free.

On what service? If you mean Crunchyroll, they only have the latest chapters, they don't have it from the start. I wish they did, I'd love to read it, especially when S2 of the show has been delayed.

I Started the manga originally from vol 9 ( after the female titan arc ) and I understood it perfectly.

thedoctor2016 said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
Buzz201 said:

I Started the manga originally from vol 9 ( after the female titan arc ) and I understood it perfectly.

I'm a completionist, I couldn't bare starting a manga halfway through, even if I've seen the anime adaption.

I was one of the people who started the manga straight after the anime as well and got into it alright xD

Crunchyroll did have the full series for a little while a few months ago, but it sounds like the license just doesn't allow it most of the time.

IncendiaryLemon"[quote="IncendiaryLemon said:
Buzz201 said:

I Started the manga originally from vol 9 ( after the female titan arc ) and I understood it perfectly.[/quote]

I'm a completionist, I couldn't bare starting a manga halfway through, even if I've seen the anime adaption.[/quote]

Theres always the physical volumes.

IncendiaryLemon said:
True; but I pay for CR every month anyway purely for the anime, so being able to read Manga like AoT is more like a nice bonus.

I do only read the simulpub next week though i admit i had to read 82 illegally as my friend was going to spoil it and said if you dont read it I will tell you i had no choice ( i re read it on CR yesterday though)

thedoctor2016 said:
I do only read the simulpub next week though i admit i had to read 82 illegally as my friend was going to spoil it and said if you dont read it I will tell you i had no choice ( i re read it on CR yesterday though)

Your friend seems like a bit of a jerk!

R

Back