Every anime opening is the same.

Jaymii

Baka Ranger
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ibPCLMH1NM4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ibPCLMH1NM4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Why hasn't this been done before? 93 different series openings crammed into one.

It is indeed a pity that many of those openings aren't accompanied to music quite so vibrant and euphoric as that of this compilation.

Jayme said:
Why hasn't this been done before?
I am also a little surprised, but my guess at the answer is because this isn't exactly the insightful revelation from on high that the video creator probably wishes it was.

Thanks, I feel 'effing old.

That song was used in the pilot trailer for Oban Star Racers.

You know when that first surfaced? 2003, when I was in High School, I've since graduated from University,

ilmaestro said:
ConanThe3rd said:
I feel 'effing old.
2003, when I was in High School
/shakes head
Boy, 23 years is an eternity in this industry. In that time we've seen companies come and go, ethoses on the release and distribution go the way of the dodo and new technologies and legal challenges change our way of thinking how we obtain anime forever.

So when you shake your head at that, you shake your head in ignorance, sir.

Jayme said:
ConanThe3rd said:
I've since graduated.
Good to know.
Hehe.
ilmaestro said:
but my guess at the answer is because this isn't exactly the insightful revelation from on high that the video creator probably wishes it was.
I dunno, he seems pretty humble, imo.
Maybe, but I'm not convinced people make things like this and put them on Youtube without hoping people will be super impressed.

I thought almost the opposite to Ryo - nice AMV, not really worthy of its trolling tagline/purpose :)

That song is originally from 1999. Still sounds cool, I miss those classic Ayu remixes.

R

ConanThe3rd said:
You know when that first surfaced? 2003,

Are you saying this video first came out in 2003? Because if you are then that's clearly ********, eg K-On, released spring '09 + many more in that video. I assume that actually I've misunderstood something here, probably just me failing, but...

Aogu said:
ConanThe3rd said:

Are you saying this video first came out in 2003? Because if you are then that's clearly ********, eg K-On, released spring '09 + many more in that video. I assume that actually I've misunderstood something here, probably just me failing, but...
The Pilot Trailer for Oban Star racers, keep score, guv.

Aogu said:
ConanThe3rd said:

I think ConanThe3rd is saying the *audio* first came out in 2003.

ConanThe3rd said:
Aogu said:
ConanThe3rd said:

The Pilot Trailer for Oban Star racers, keep score, guv.

True, but if we want to get technical it was the pilot for Molly Star Racer, not Oban.

It got changed after the the pilot got the go ahead

and for the hell of it, and the fact i miss the video, here it is

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sZT3rbtKWBM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sZT3rbtKWBM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

i still think they shoulda kept the animation style :D

Hey if it aint broken, don't fix it. Many times I've been drawn into an anime by its opening alone, and thats happened to me.... alot.

Back