Emo's to be illegal in russia

Gacha said:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/music/article1470943.ece
(It was either the sun or NME)

A BIZARRE new Russian law hopes to make emo and goth music illegal in the eastern European country.

Gotta love russia now to convince britan

Depends if it bans Nightwish. If so then....you'll never take me alive, copper!

Typically of the Sun, there doesn't seem to be much to the article beyond the headline. Think I'll wait til some kind of news service picks this up...

You read the sun??? =P
Now seriously banning a style o music over fears it inducts to suicide?
Hard to believe they accept such kind of censorship after all they've being through.. :/

MrChom said:
Gacha said:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/music/article1470943.ece
(It was either the sun or NME)

A BIZARRE new Russian law hopes to make emo and goth music illegal in the eastern European country.

Gotta love russia now to convince britan

Depends if it bans Nightwish. If so then....you'll never take me alive, copper!
Nightwish are not goth or emo. They are symphonic metal.

I could say the same thing about Metallica. :p

I'm not interested in getting into a "my band is better than your band" argument though, so we'd better stop. :)

Maxon said:
I could say the same thing about Metallica. :p

I'm not interested in getting into a "my band is better than your band" argument though, so we'd better stop. :)

Yeah. Nor me to be honest :lol:

That's soo stupid! This reminds me of the time I heard on the news that America was going to ban baggy trousers!!!!!!!!!

I think that people around the are always negative to youth sub-cultures

LOL at Fallout Boy being viewed as Emo. They're not Emo, but rather Punk rock. As well as ****, so they can burn in hell anyway. But still, The Sun has probably exageratted it, tenfold.

Why are people discussing something reported in The Sun? That paper is utter trash and nothing that's ever printed in it should be believed at all, under any circumstances.

Deidara said:
LOL at Fallout Boy being viewed as Emo. They're not Emo, but rather Punk rock. As well as ****, so they can burn in hell anyway. But still, The Sun has probably exageratted it, tenfold.

Haha umm well, I don't really agree with the punk rock assessment I must admit. Punk rock to me means heavy and obvious influences from Rancid,Operation Ivy, Screeching Weasel, Bad Religion etc Those sort of bands influenced the likes of New Found Glory,Alkaline Trio,Green Day and Blink 182 which I would call punk rock. Fall Out Boy are at most a pop punk band and I use that term loosely as to me there is nothing punk about them. Personally, I think saying they are emo is a pretty alright assessment. I bloody hate them though :D But, I find nothing wrong with emo. I don't like it, so I don't acknowledge it.

TRASHBAT said:
Deidara said:

Haha umm well, I don't really agree with the punk rock assessment I must admit. Punk rock to me means heavy and obvious influences from Rancid,Operation Ivy, Screeching Weasel, Bad Religion etc Those sort of bands influenced the likes of New Found Glory,Alkaline Trio,Green Day and Blink 182 which I would call punk rock. Fall Out Boy are at most a pop punk band and I use that term loosely as to me there is nothing punk about them. Personally, I think saying they are emo is a pretty alright assessment. I bloody hate them though :D But, I find nothing wrong with emo. I don't like it, so I don't acknowledge it.

Dead Kennedy's FTW.

Plus I believe Fall Out Boy are either classed as wuss rock, or homo rock.

Back