ebay just for anime and manga

animeauction

Completely Average High School Student
Hi,

I know this is self advertising but please hear me out.....

I have been an anime and manga fan for years but am tired of paying huge amounts for P&P. I have just started a version of ebay for manga and anime and it is free to join, free to list, free to buy.... free for everything......this way people in the UK will be able to buy and sell in the UK so keeping costs down.

http://www.animeauction.co.uk

I have started it not to make money for me.....it's a free site! no fees..... I have started it to try to get people tarding in the UK.....

Go on, give it a go... if people visit and use it, it will be a success!

If you have any old stuff, put it on the site :)

Thanks.

animeauction said:
I have started it not to make money for me.....it's a free site! no fees..... I have started it to try to get people tarding in the UK.....

How many people are currently tarding on your site?

This could maybe become interesting, I'm not sure, we will have to see.

I have looked around the site, but at the moment, I will keep checking back to see the new items, as there is not many at the moment.

By the way, you, or the staff working on the site, might want to start putting items on the site yourself to sell. Because, there is no point getting just activity on it at the moment, as people will just visit it, see the 3 items selling, and leave. They won't try sell anything because they will be worried it will sell for a low price. If you put alot of items on, people will agree that it is active, and will happily sell their items on it.

Also, you may want to put down what protection you have got against people scamming one an other, just to make people feel secure.

All payments use paypal (therefore have buyer protection) or you can optionally send cash/cheque to the seller if you wish..... I am a teacher, not a programmer/web designer so I am trying my best. I am going to put some of my own stuff up, but at the moment it is a case of trying to spread the word and get some people to try it.....

Ok, I have just thought of another question...

As I'm sure you will know, ebay is full of bootleg anime and manga. Seeing how this is very similar, how do you people wont start selling bootlegs, and even worse, how will you stop this turning into a auction site full of bootlegs? I know if I was tricked into buying a bootleg, I would definitely point my finger of blame at the website I got it off. How would you stop this?

No fees eh? Well I am getting fed up with ebay so I might list a few things this week. Got a mint condition Martian Successor Nadesico (region2) which is pretty rare so it might get some interest going.

Mantis said:
No fees eh? Well I am getting fed up with ebay so I might list a few things this week. Got a mint condition Martian Successor Nadesico (region2) which is pretty rare so it might get some interest going.

Why would any1 want to seel that :eek:

Kireek said:
Mantis said:

Why would any1 want to seel that :eek:
It's part of the war of the 'geek' side of my brain vs the rational side.

I'm constantly buying loads of DVDs which usually only end up being watched once and then just sit on my shelves (not because they're poor, just because I have so much other stuff to watch/read/listen/play). However I really struggle to force myself to sell them - part of me just likes collecting stuff and having it all arranged on my shelves. But every so often I'll have a big clear out and sell stuff on ebay.

It's even worse with anime, as they're so hard to get hold of in the first place for reasonable prices that I'm reluctant to sell them. In fact, your comment about Nadesico has now got me conflicted about whether to sell it or not! I didn't even like it that much and I'm probably never going to watch it again anyway.... argh!

Well I've to think about it some more. But good news, joined the UK Anime Club last month and I've already won a copy of Gravitation volume 1 in their monthly competition! I much prefer boxsets so I'll probably stick that up on the anime auction site.

Otaku-san said:
got to say I wouldn't mind that

is it boxset or a single volume?
The Gravitation DVD hasn't actually arrived yet, I just got the email this morning saying I'd won and they'd posted it to me. I presume it's just a single volume. I'm generally sticking to boxsets at the moment, being quite a newcomer to anime there are plenty of older anime titles I plan to watch before I start looking at newer stuff.

Nadesico is the complete 7-disc boxset and I'm feeling quite hesitant about selling it. It is really rare, no copies of it on ebay (just pirate versions e.g. region 0, three discs) and on Amazon all they have is one used copy for £35!

Still only a few members.... :(

Come on you guys, give it a go..... it'll only work if people use it..... as for the bootlegers comments, obviously I'll try to keep on top of things but if anyone spots anything dodgy they can contact me and I'll remove the item.....

Well I've put the Gravitation DVD up for sale. I'm probably not going to sell the Nadesico DVD set at the moment, the geek side of my brain has won for now and told me to hold onto it.

Have a Berserk volume 1 that I'll probably put up soon as well.

EDIT: Ok never mind, the brand new Gravitation DVD is still up on the site if anyone wants to bid on it.

Hi, still need more people to give it a go..... you've got nothing to worry about as if you use paypal you have buyer protection....

Hey 'animeauction' - I've got some manga I might list but when I start the listing process for manga my only three options are Death Note, Dragon Ball and Slam Dunk. Any chance of an 'other' option? It won't let me list until I choose a category.

Back