dont you just hate it when.........

ayase

State Alchemist
animefreak17 said:
you know how they release something like say a middle or a end of a series e.g. the revolutionary girl movie was released then you watch that first then you find out the movie is the end of a series.
So you hate it when you watch a series in the wrong order because you don't look up the order it should be watched in beforehand? I think there's a fairly simple way to solve that particular problem.

Hint: fifth hit, ANN.
ANN said:
Plot Summary: In a loose retelling of the Revolutionary Girl Utena TV series...

Sparrowsabre7

Za Warudo
Genkina Hito said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
I don't hate it, but it consistently amuses me how often anime characters make a vocalisation that is not a word all the "mm" "nn" "hhrr" etc

Also the number of times people just leave sentences unfinished "This... this power...." "I can't..." "But I..." etc.

I believe "mm" and "nn" are actually informal ways of saying yes and no.

No, I'm not talking about situations like that, I mean like when someone goes "I have totally figured out your plan and will destroy you bwahaha" and the other person goes "nnnn..." in a vaguely angry way or in a surprised way :p

ayase

State Alchemist
I've always presumed they do that because... the Japanese thing to do in that situation is to audibly vocalise your surprise or anger (but in a somewhat non-committal way)? I could be wrong, but I don't imagine anime made up new ways of behaving, but rather copied real life instead.

Sparrowsabre7

Za Warudo
ayase said:
I've always presumed they do that because... the Japanese thing to do in that situation is to audibly vocalise your surprise or anger (but in a somewhat non-committal way)? I could be wrong, but I don't imagine anime made up new ways of behaving, but rather copied real life instead.

Mmm... :p

Yeah, I guess I've never seen any real japanese people respond to the news that their plans for world domination have been foiled so I wouldn't really know.

Taka88

Kiznaiver
I dislike when some anime show really slow pace move and fight. I really dislike when naruto and bleach love too much talk through fight. I want say come on fight now. I not like when anime series when no-one is dead yet, I not understand it because if you go to war and someone has to died. It is match to real life.

Animefreak17

Godhand
Taka88 said:
I dislike when some anime show really slow pace move and fight. I really dislike when naruto and bleach love too much talk through fight. I want say come on fight now. I not like when anime series when no-one is dead yet, I not understand it because if you go to war and someone has to died. It is match to real life.

thats because when two people are evenly matched they talk while fighting you know the ( why did you do this,) non of this had to happen.......... its more dramatic that way

Animefreak17

Godhand
I'm really pissed off when there are so many series that I don't have and I want them in my collection so bad I have to wait til april til I start collecting again

JamesX

Magical Girl
People expect everyone to celebrate valentines day (even more annoying when you're single). It's just a day with an excuse for people to spend money they don't have, or could be better used buying Anime/Manga.

Rui

Karamatsu Boy
Administrator
Valentine's Day is a bizarre thing. When I was single, I ignored it and felt no pressure, and now I'm married and my husband is playing TF2 upstairs while I am playing PS3 on my own. It's just a normal day. I'm not sure who the celebration is meant for, but it's certainly not a demographic I have ever belonged to myself. I actually dislike the day too, because suddenly half of the internet seems to be miserable for no rational reason.

If it makes you feel better, the fujoshi community of Japan have declared it Fundoshi No Hi (loincloth day, it's a play on words of sorts) and spent the day posting celebratory pictures of attractive male characters in loincloths. Rather than being miserable, I recommend taking that kind of jolly approach!

Around here the shops don't even have any Valentine's chocolate out at all, just the ubiquitous Easter eggs which seemed to pop up at the start of January.

R

daichi383

School Idol
Rui said:
Valentine's Day is a bizarre thing. When I was single, I ignored it and felt no pressure, and now I'm married and my husband is playing TF2 upstairs while I am playing PS3 on my own. It's just a normal day. I'm not sure who the celebration is meant for, but it's certainly not a demographic I have ever belonged to myself. I actually dislike the day too, because suddenly half of the internet seems to be miserable for no rational reason.

If it makes you feel better, the fujoshi community of Japan have declared it Fundoshi No Hi (loincloth day, it's a play on words of sorts) and spent the day posting celebratory pictures of attractive male characters in loincloths. Rather than being miserable, I recommend taking that kind of jolly approach!

Around here the shops don't even have any Valentine's chocolate out at all, just the ubiquitous Easter eggs which seemed to pop up at the start of January.

R

My valentines day would have been fine if not for the fact i was shot down by a potential girlfriend earlier this morning but i'm gonna get over it eventually :x I didn't actually care about it either until this year when i almost got a girlfriend. I think i'm gonna grow a beard now anyway cause my friend said "bitches love hairy chins". i honestly don't care if shes joking but it'll keep my mind off of what happened today :roll:

Paradox295

Pokémon Master
daichi383 said:
Rui said:

R

My valentines day would have been fine if not for the fact i was shot down by a potential girlfriend earlier this morning but i'm gonna get over it eventually :x I didn't actually care about it either until this year when i almost got a girlfriend. I think i'm gonna grow a beard now anyway cause my friend said "bitches love hairy chins". i honestly don't care if shes joking but it'll keep my mind off of what happened today :roll:
Hey, at least you asked yours... D:

Zin5ki

Railgun
daichi383 said:
My valentines day would have been fine if not for the fact i was shot down by a potential girlfriend earlier this morning but i'm gonna get over it eventually :x
The constabulary should be informed, I suggest. The National Health also, if warranted by the severity of your injuries.

daichi383

School Idol
Zin5ki said:
daichi383 said:
My valentines day would have been fine if not for the fact i was shot down by a potential girlfriend earlier this morning but i'm gonna get over it eventually :x
The constabulary should be informed, I suggest. The National Health also, if warranted by the severity of your injuries.
3211.jpg

Animefreak17

Godhand
If you ask me the single life is the best you can do what ever you want when ever you want with out being nagged by you gf/wife or bf/husband. It's cheap too. Iv never had a gf but I know how a married life is like by watching my mom and dad and it looks like a lot of hard work.

daichi383

School Idol
animefreak17 said:
If you ask me the single life is the best you can do what ever you want when ever you want with out being nagged by you gf/wife or bf/husband. It's cheap too. Iv never had a gf but I know how a married life is like by watching my mom and dad and it looks like a lot of hard work.
If only it were that simple :(

ilmaestro

State Alchemist
Rui said:
I actually dislike the day too, because suddenly half of the internet seems to be miserable for no rational reason.
But of course, "the internet" here is a poor shorthand for "the public" - in this case I feel like the Valentine's Day advertising and such is far more easily avoidable on the internet, but you are more constantly reminded of it on TV or when out shopping.

As for the rationality of it or otherwise, I guess that depends on your view on whether it is rational or not to not want to be single.

Rui

Karamatsu Boy
Administrator
Ah, but in the wider world I'm encouraged to believe that some people out there genuinely do celebrate and enjoy the day. Online the veneer is completely gone and it feels at times as though absolutely everyone's either complaining about being alone as though it's suddenly a massive problem or complaining about their significant other and the need for ritual (admittedly a smaller demographic). Whether single or not I've always preferred to ignore the occasion as I don't see the point in the day at all if you don't work for a greetings card company. Thankfully the insanity is now over for another year and the normal background levels of despair have returned ;_;

Though in this case daichi383 has an understandable reason for being down, so a pat on the back is due. Pouring those feelings into growing a beard is somehow awesome.

R