Doctor Who anime

Jaymii

Baka Ranger
<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ePtj3z8rSq4?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ePtj3z8rSq4?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I'm not sure if this is stretching the boundaries of this subforum, but it'll get the most attention here I'm sure. It's a fan-made thing, but damn, how weird/fun/superb.

animefreak17 said:
iv seen supernatural as a anime dvd
That was made by Warner Bros and animated by Madhouse.
This is made by a guy on youtube.

The various Touhou Project anime are a better comparison

This makes me want to watch the old Dr. Who, the new ones (Besides Eccleston) look all zany and random, which is horrible. Would watch though.

Madhouse are Japanese. Warner Bros got them to make it, because Supernatural is their show. A Japanese studio can't go making a Supernatural series without WB being involved, unless they want to get sued to oblivion.

Anyway, it's Korea who seem to do an awful lot of the grunt work for both Japanese and western animation companies.

JohnC said:
Madhouse are Japanese. Warner Bros got them to make it, because Supernatural is their show. A Japanese studio can't go making a Supernatural series without WB being involved, unless they want to get sued to oblivion.

Anyway, it's Korea who seem to do an awful lot of the grunt work for both Japanese and western animation companies.

Korea, India, China, Canada all get tax breaks for animation which is why it's cheaper to source out (I'm trying to get an animation series commissioned as part of my placement so I'm learning about all this stuff =3).

I didn't really pay much attention to this at first, but the fact that MightyOtaking was behind it piqued my curiosity.

He's obviously poured a hell of a lot of time and effort into this and it really does show, but I'm still really not keen on his art style. Much as I admire his dedication to retro character design, I think he picks up the worst, most easily ridiculed traits of the time. That, cominbed with the inevitable cg sheen, makes it look like an awkward parody of 90s anime rather than a loving homage.

Back