Do you think the third Berserk film will be cut by the BBFC?

Re: Do you think the third Berserk film will be cut by the B

First things first, the characters are old enough to do stuff that most anime characters can't, so the Dangerous Cartoons Act should not interfere with the film as the act only follows underage acts or references (such as the groping of Code Geass R2 in Beez's release and the cut OVA of Dragon Destiny). Though I'm shocked that one particular scene in Battle for Doldrey allowed the film to be a 15.

But if there was an issue which could be threat to the BBFC would be that particular scene [SPOILER ALERT] where Griffith as Femto rapes Casca in front of Guts in the Eclipse.
But looking at live action shows like the HBO programs and FOX programs where Sex and Violence are always over the top every episode, they remained uncut and with an 18 rating.
For anime in general, Gantz is a perfect example as from what I hear also has the same sex and violence as Berserk. In the end, it was given an 18 rating uncut.

Regarding the gore, which is rather over the top in this film but considering Egg of the King and Battle for Doldrey had the same top notch gore, Descent wouldn't really be an issue heck Another had high amounts of gore and that was rated TV-14 (equivalent of a 15 rating) in the US.

The stuff above is generally my opinion and may be arguable to others, but I have watched the film uncensored.

Last edited by a moderator:

The part of me that is governed by common sense says "no" but the part of me that remembers that these guys spazzed out over a one second frame that was only an issue because they thought a character in the background was underage says "Enter Brace Position"

The original series got through uncut with an 18 so I wonder how much extreme this version could be keeping in mind the original Manga.

The necrophilia scene got past the BBFC in Hellsing Ultimate eps 5? And I used to have the TV series of Berserk and the scene was there with an 18 rating on the box. So hopefully they'll leave it alone. It is a pretty important plot point after all.

I think it will go uncut actually. The extreme level of gore the film will probably has(and apparently has) will probably go through fine, especially if you consider what other films get through these days. If they did do so, i'd just import, as i would much rather see the full thing instead of something which had to be cut down(or in this case, using the R-15+ version instead). I would still say it will be a hard one to stomach, and i would imagine those that have read the manga would say something in a similar sense, but i don't see it as being the worst thing out there when it hits. Maybe just in the animation scene.

Well as long as the BBFC didn't watch Urotsukidoji before reviewing Descent, it'll go uncut.

Back