Do you have any IRL memories associated with any certain series?

Baggie_Saiyan

Thousand Master
Ossu!

Bit of a random topic but potentially a fun one! As per the thread title do any of you have any memories from your real life attached to any shows you watched and whenever the show get brought up or you see it on your shelf these associated memories just come rushing back and make you go "ahh" or "argh"?

I have a few.

Obvious DBZ/YGO/Digimon/PKM etc from childhood aside:

Fullmetal Alchemist (Brotherhood too):

This is more off an odd one but basically it was March 2013 deadline was fast approaching for out A2 English lit coursework and it was stressful 5 months of draft after draft after draft came down to this, it was absolutely stressful! I was just google and was trying to search Freeza in and accidentally came across FMA and synopsis had me intrigued and decided to check it out and then subsequently Brotherhood, it helped alleviate stress so much that in turn I was on a massive roll with the final draft. I remember one time at episode where Ed and Al met those brothers who have the stone, while watching that episode I was flicking through a bunch of books to find a quote to end the coursework on and I found the perfect of perfect quotes and it left me with so much joy!

I ended up getting an A on the coursework just missing the star by a few marks but when I see FMA mentioned or on my shelf I just instantly remember that month and how stressful it was but FMA made it bearable!

Clannad

So A-levels over on to Uni, first year Thursdays were a killer as it was the only am early start, so what I'd so is go to bed early on the Wednesday and wake up early on Thursday and watch some anime before heading out, first show of this new experiment was Clannad and boy what an experience it actually made we wanna look forward to Thursdays then "After Story" just hit the feels and left me with such a weird feeling at Uni like I couldn't take my mind off it. One episode I ended up crying and was hoping people would just think I was tired when rolling into Uni, I remember specifically wearing a hoodie so I can sorta cover my face a bit lol.

Attack on Titan:

First negative memory, hate how this show was what anime cool to talk openly about in 6th form, it literally felt like 70% of the year were suddenly into it, nothing against the show I just disliked how people essentially were waiting for that one show to blow up before coming out as an "anime fan", oh I watched Blue Exorcist too I heard you talking about it a few weeks ago..." why the frick did you not talk to me about it then?!?! Huh. AoT suddenly made anime cool now didn't it.

Ultimately I guess I did let it go regardless of how at least dicussions of anime were somewhat prevalent in 6th form but it does irk me thinking back.

Anyway interested to hear what stories you guys have!

(Admins I wasn't sure where to place this topic so please move if you feel this sub topic isn't appropriate.)

Back