DMP launches its first yaoi Kickstarter: Restocking "Finder"

Ian Wolf

Harem King
AUKN Staff
Digital Manga Publishing (DMP) has launched its first Kickstarter project to cover a yaoi / boys' love manga, seeking $45,000 to restock Ayano Yamane's series <em>Finder</em> by 16th February.

DMP has already released the first six volumes in the series, but these volumes have now mostly sold out. As it prepares to release the seventh volume in the series, it has launched a Kickstarter project to republish the currently out-of-print older volumes.&nbsp;

People can back the project to purchase one or more individual volumes, all six out-of-print volumes, or the entire series including the seventh yet-to-published volume. Other extras include yaoi-themed wristbands, posters, eco tote bags and VIP tickets to YaoiCon 2015 in San Francisco. If<em> Finder </em>reaches its $45,000 target, a first stretch goal to restock another yaoi, <em>A Foreign Love Affair</em>, at $50,000 will be launched. After that another $52,000 for fujoshi/fudanshi tank tops will be launched.

So far DMP's past Kickstarter projects have been to release the work of Osamu Tezuka, such as <em>Swallowing the Earth</em>, <em>Barbara</em> and most recently <em>Ludwig B</em>. Perhaps ironically, some claim that Tezuka was the man who coined the expression "<strong>ya</strong>ma nashi, <strong>o</strong>chi nashi, <strong>i</strong>mi nashi", a term to dismiss poor quality manga from which "yaoi" gets its name.

<strong>Synopsis</strong>

<em>The </em><em>Finder</em><em> series is a yaoi manga revolving around photographer Akihito Takaba and Japan's notorious crime lord Ryuichi Asami. While out on assignment trying to document the illegal activities of the Japanese underworld, photographer Akihito crosses paths with the dark and mysterious leader Asami. Asami takes Akihito captive, in an attempt to subjugate and possess him. After a turn of events, both Akihito and Asami come to hold deep affection for one another, though never coming to realize or wanting to admit/succumb to the impending love.</em>

<em>Despite circumstances beyond their control, they always find themselves drawn to one another. Will their feelings of love, lust, and desire ever become mutual? The </em><em>Finder</em><em> series is a high-pace yaoi with a dark theme and an addictive and captivating storyline that showcases hidden desires as Akihito ventures into the brooding darkness that lurks behind the Japanese underworld and the new found love captured in the viewfinder.</em>

Re: DMP launches its first yaoi Kickstarter: Restocking

Looks like this is going to make the target. With 4 days to go the project needs less than $900.

Indeed. I put in my backing early too. The project is 99% funded now. It can't fall at the last hurdle.

I could have got vol 7 from somewhere else but I thought I'd back and help instead. I was worried it wouldn't reach the total as it seemed to be going so slow.

Back