Details of MVM's Tenchi Box Set

Apparently the Mihoshi OVA special wasn't included in the R1 "Tenchi Muyo Ultimate Edition", making this a kind of UK exclusive!

ok please explain as the mihoshi special dvd contains not only the special the the 3 episode oav of pretty sammy

i doubt thats only 45 mins :p

plus i think u'll find its vol 1 of oav 3 as vol 2 isn't expected till december

As far as R1 goes, the Mihoshi special was available on a separate DVD together with the Pretty Sammy OVAs though, and iirc it's only 25 minutes. Still, it's a nice extra for anyone who hasn't already picked up the OVAs.

Edit: how dare you get in ahead of me, Ryo Chan, :p , and is it OVA 1-3 or discs 1-3 of MVM's release (i.e. OVA 1-2)?

hey i've been slow on posts all week its about time i won for once :p Besides u should never question my knowledge on all things Tenchi

Ryo Chan said:
ok please explain as the mihoshi special dvd contains not only the special the the 3 episode oav of pretty sammy

i doubt thats only 45 mins :p

plus i think u'll find its vol 1 of oav 3 as vol 2 isn't expected till december

This is the Mihoshi special:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... php?id=765

I assume MVM will be releasing that without the Pretty Sammy section bundled with the R1 DVD.

With regards to your OVA comment, I assume it is the three original OVAs released by MVM last year (Play.com link). Looking at Anime News Network, they are the original " Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki" episodes.

Jeez, the Tenchi Muyo! franchise makes my head spin. So many OVAs, spin-offs, TV series, movies and naming conventions.

I hpe they release the speical separately, or else lots of people will be annoyed.

I have a feeling that OVA 3 will be getting a UK release early next year.

IanC said:
I have a feeling that OVA 3 will be getting a UK release early next year.

You're right, MVM have pencilled it in for January 2006 (although with pushbacks it may end up being February/March time).

Awesome, I've been waiting for this release so I can finally get Tenchi. Having finished reading through the Manga recently I was reminded just how much I love Tenchi Muyo.

Although I think I've alread seen the Mihoshi special (downloaded it some time ago). Is that the one where Mihoshi walks in on Washu's experiments with Ryoko and they get to talking about what's happened so far and the vase and everything? Or am I thinking of something else?

subedii said:
Although I think I've alread seen the Mihoshi special (downloaded it some time ago). Is that the one where Mihoshi walks in on Washu's experiments with Ryoko and they get to talking about what's happened so far and the vase and everything? Or am I thinking of something else?

That's a short sometimes called "Here Comes Jurai 2", it's on the main OVA discs tacked onto the end of the last episode "Here Comes Jurai". The Mihoshi special is basically Mihoshi relating an increasingly unlikely sounding story of a Galaxy Police mission she once went on with Kiyone (yes, Kiyone is in it)- using the rest of the Tenchi cast as characters in her story.

Shame about with Mihoshi special being packaged with the OVAs, which I purchased not long along in Play.com's last large anime sale, but I'm sure I can live without 27-extra minutes.

Back