Death Note: The Manga

Mewski

Completely Average High School Student
Lately I have been reading this manga. First of all I must say the art style is fantastic. I always do enjoy a well drawn manga :) I'm unsure whether I like the colour style used, however still enjoy the story with great joy. Very detailed and cleverly thought out. I've just finished Volume 6 and hoping to grab my hands on 7, 8 and 9 soon.

So anyone else interested in this manga?

I love Death Note as well. Part of the way through Vol. 9 at the moment.

The main reason I was attracted to the manga was the art style as it was so different from the shounen standard. I also love it as I can never predict what is going to happen next, or why L or Light are doing what they are doing until the so called "big reveal", but then I've never been that great at figuring out mysteries.

Can't wait to hear what you think of Vol. 7 ^_~ (you'll understand when you read it)

I really enjoyed 7, but from what I've heard very few others did :?
I thought that the series really progressed after that volume, but some of the earlier ones were my favourites.

As far as I know, neither movie has been licensed for Region 1 release, so definitely no idea if it will ever hit these shores. But the anime has been licensed in North America, so there is hope the movies will be as well, which may bring us a step further to getting it in the UK/Ireland. Even in that case, I doubt we'd see it in 2007

Though the region 3 (Hong Kong I think) release seems to have English subs, so that's the best bet for now (and region 3 DVDs are pretty cheap).

I finished deathnote in december, loved it until the end. Everyone should give it a try. I don't wanna give anything away, but i detest Raito. I find all the guys love Raito and all the girls love L. I quite like Melo. Near just annoyed me, and he's so disrespectful!

Sadly the animes no good, the animation is cheap, it doesn't do the manga any justice. -shakes head-

I love Death Note and I have read up to volume 9, but I'll warn you theres loads of spoliers around so don't go to wikipedia or any other sites unless you want a spolier lol.

The artwork is not my favourite, but the main reason why I love Death Note is because of the story. I love fantasy violence and those type of things.

This, along with Air Gear, and Naruto, was amongst my list of things to not read due to the irritating fandom surrounding them. However, I've come round to picking this (and the other things) up, and was pleasantly surprised. The art style is wonderfully clean, well, polarised maybe (lots of pure black and white fills, minimal screentone), and the direction and pacing is great.

I have heard that it's good to read up to volume 7 though, and then stop. Possibly due to publishers drawing it out for longer that it was originally intended, I've heard the second half of it isn't great.

Now, I just wish all the yaoi fangirl fantasies of Light and L would go away.... XD

I think it is a great title. Its true that later volumes are not as strong. However i have heard allot of over negative talk about the concluding half, i think this is because people over compare them to the first half. They are still good mangas just not quite the masterpieces of the start.

If your looking for a great story that will keep you engrossed and twists that will keep you guessing constantly give it a go!

Anybody seen Code Geass 16? I thought that episode was influenced by death note. In fact Lelouch has many similarities with Light.

Just started to watch the anime... and its gripping viewing. I'm considering buying the manga. How do other fans think they compare to each other? Is the storyline in the anime same as the manga?

M.G xx

@ MG

Yeah, the anime is pretty much identical to the anime, except for, IIRC, there are a few little things cut down to fit into the anime's duration.

They are both identical it all realy depends on the person . If they prefer manga the manga is better if they prefer anime the anime is better

I detest the anime, it's so poorly done, it doesn't do the manga justice! I love the way it's drawn so much <3>= tch, although i have to admit, if she hadn't have told me i wouldn't have started reading. -cries-

I Personally love the Manga, since i read it before i saw the Anime or Movies. there is a lot of negative views around 7. Its because around halfway though there is a time skip. i personally love it. i love how the new characters develop, some parts amaze me. but it is definitely truly original. im only on vol 10. volume 11 comes out next month, got my pre-order for it on Amazon already.

the main reason i picked up death note was because it had already finished in Japan and i didn't want a really short manga; but i didn't want one that had a end in sight.

Give it a go. You'll love it

Someone on msn told me about it, So I though Why not? And bought the 1st one. One word = Addictive. My dad has already ranted at me beause Im spending way too much money xD But I dont care, because its worth it <3

Back