Dead....all gone.....forever.......

Ninja Boy!

Thousand Master
..The data on my computer that is!

yesterday i decided to reinstall Windows on my computer because it always crashes and i get blue screens non stop.
so i was reinstalling it like the way i have done to my previous computers many times.

so i have 2 particians on my HDD, the c drive is where windows is installed and the other partician in were practically my life is stored

during the formating of the hard-disk the computer asked me which partician do you want to format...so like normal i chose C....then after everything is complete. i find that my complete hdd has been formatted.

now years....thats right YEARS. of my Manga, anime and loads of other stuff i have on my computer has been wiped.
and i had so many unwatched anime series that i have downloaded several months ago like 'Hajime no Ippo', Initial D (complete), Hokuto No Ken...and many more

i know there are ways of retrieving the files but for some reason the computer decided to create some more particians..i do not why....seriously.

SIGH.... :cry:
 

Nyu

Pokémon Master
This is why i'm backing up all 120gigs of the random anime and manga i've collected to DVD. It's not that i can't easily go and find them again but the time some of these took would make your eyes water.

You'll get through this tough patch...i'm sure :lol:
 

Outlawstar

Thousand Master
Nyu said:
This is why i'm backing up all 120gigs of the random anime and manga i've collected to DVD. It's not that i can't easily go and find them again but the time some of these took would make your eyes water.

You'll get through this tough patch...i'm sure :lol:

I know what you mean,I recently downloaded FLCL and each episode took about 1 hour or more to download,backed it up on DVD too.
 

happosai

Completely Average High School Student
Oh noes! I lost all my pirated anime and manga that I ripped off for free!! Waaa! Waaa!

Perhaps you might want to think about actually *buying* some of the stuff you lost on official DVD/printed manga, instead of being a cheapskate.

[Happosai]
 

ridley

School Idol
lol im dl flcl but it stopped at 88% and wont go :cry:

and it isnt being a cheapskate if you can get something for free you get it
 

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
ridley said:
and it isnt being a cheapskate if you can get something for free you get it

Actually, that's being a cheap skate. Don't advertise the fact you enjoy stealing licensed anime.
 

Ramadahl

Hunter
ridley said:
and it isnt being a cheapskate if you can get something for free you get it
Haha, that's pretty much being a cheapskate man :lol: .

Anyway, even though it's technically illegal to have it on there, I'd be really pissed if the stuff on my HD got erased - it's not as if I can go out and buy most of the stuff that's on there.

Edit: - speling >.>
 
I have a 250GB external HDD and a 500GB external HDD both full of anime, manga, games and music and such, collected over a period of about 3 years. I'd cry if they crashed.
 

kupocake

Stand User
Ninja Boy! said:
now years....thats right YEARS. of my Manga, anime and PORN i have on my computer has been wiped.
Edited for truths.

Just download it all again, or consider this a divine warning from the benevolent gods of the Hard Disk that you need to download less and buy more DVD-Rs
 

arthur_webb

Adventurer
Sorry to hear that NinjaBoy, my collection isn't that huge, but the amount of school work and website development stuff I have on there is utterly sacred. I wouldn't wish this to happen on my worst enemy.
 

Charter_Mage

Pokémon Master
Thats terrible :(.
Our computer crashed just around Christmas time and we lost quite a few things, but thankfully none of the things we really cared about were lost. My anime remained in tact, and all the photos from our digi cam.
But i dread it happening again, our computer has never quite been the same, and we get blues screens all the time (what causes that :? ). I know i need to back everything up, but i'm so lazy when i comes to big boring tasks like that, but you can guarantee i will regret it if i don't
 

Ninja Boy!

Thousand Master
happosai said:
Oh noes! I lost all my pirated anime and manga that I ripped off for free!! Waaa! Waaa!

Perhaps you might want to think about actually *buying* some of the stuff you lost on official DVD/printed manga, instead of being a cheapskate.

[Happosai]

i have been purchasing more anime and manga the past few years than i have actually downloaded them.
 

Ninja Boy!

Thousand Master
kupoartist said:
Ninja Boy! said:
now years....thats right YEARS. of my Manga, anime and PORN i have on my computer has been wiped.
Edited for truths.

Just download it all again, or consider this a divine warning from the benevolent gods of the Hard Disk that you need to download less and buy more DVD-Rs

LOL that funny :lol:

but seriously like i mentioned before i have been purchasing so much more than i have been downloading.
 

Nyu

Pokémon Master
happosai said:
Oh noes! I lost all my pirated anime and manga that I ripped off for free!! Waaa! Waaa!

Perhaps you might want to think about actually *buying* some of the stuff you lost on official DVD/printed manga, instead of being a cheapskate.

[Happosai]

Meh, some of us who download fansubs actually DO go and buy the series when it gets licensed. I'm one of them, the only stuff i have are fansubs and scanlated manga.

It's still pirating none the less but a few of my favourite series haven't been licensed here and i doubt they ever will.


Ninja Boy! said:
LOL that funny :lol:

but seriously like i mentioned before i have been purchasing so much more than i have been downloading.

I dunno man, i hear Debbie does Dallas is becoming trickier to find each year. You might struggle there :lol:
 

happosai

Completely Average High School Student
Nyu said:
Meh, some of us who download fansubs actually DO go and buy the series when it gets licensed. I'm one of them, the only stuff i have are fansubs and scanlated manga.

It's still pirating none the less but a few of my favourite series haven't been licensed here and i doubt they ever will.

That's fair enough, but crying about losing such material, which you never had a legal entitlement to in the first place, is just plain wrong to me. If it was legitimately purchased digital videos (which people keep saying is the future of legitimate anime distribution), music, etc. , I'd be more sympathetic (this is why I prefer to have a shiny disc I can hold in my hand and then convert into whatever digital medium I want...although that doesn't stop someone stealing all your DVDs, which is what happened to me last year...).

[Happosai]
 

Kurogane

Chuunibyou
happosai said:
Nyu said:
Meh, some of us who download fansubs actually DO go and buy the series when it gets licensed. I'm one of them, the only stuff i have are fansubs and scanlated manga.

It's still pirating none the less but a few of my favourite series haven't been licensed here and i doubt they ever will.

That's fair enough, but crying about losing such material, which you never had a legal entitlement to in the first place, is just plain wrong to me. If it was legitimately purchased digital videos (which people keep saying is the future of legitimate anime distribution), music, etc. , I'd be more sympathetic (this is why I prefer to have a shiny disc I can hold in my hand and then convert into whatever digital medium I want...although that doesn't stop someone stealing all your DVDs, which is what happened to me last year...).

[Happosai]

But what about the porn he lost?

I'd give money to anyone who can stroll into a store and buy some good 'ol American girl on girl. :wink:
 

McIcy

Mushi-shi
I feel sorry for him, when I went to uni I lost everything and then again a few years ago when my PC got hit by lightning, luckily all the good stuff is backed up onto a separate HDD so I still have the best of the best stuff
 
Top