Dead Aggressor/Soukyuu No Fafner

Miaka-chan

Stand User
Still pretty open minded to mech type anime as long as the mechs aren't too butch :lol:
Started watching Dead Aggressor yesterday as was pretty impressed even with only having seen the first episode (downloading the rest). I can see the Neon Genesis Evangelion influence but that can't be too bad a thing, surely :?: :D

Anyone else seen this? what did ya think? (but no giveaways please as I've only just started on it!!).

(Apologies if I've mispelt this Japanese title!).

I only watched the first few episodes but from what I saw it looked like a solid show with many an unpredictable moment. The character and mecha designs were a bit iffy, but I could tell the story had some intelligence and quality to it. I'm planning on watching the entire thing soon. From what I've read on a few anime blogs, it just continues to get better and better.

Fafner gets really good towards the end, unfortuantely i kept getting mixed up with what episodes i had/had'nt watched so i missed the last couple of episodes, I'll just wait until it gets licensed or something.

I really like it, I was going to do a review of it but then the last few episodes were released close together, so I'll finish the series and do an overall review soon.
There are lots of similarities to Eva, but then the differences are enough...
anyway, more on it later.
(I'm doing some fansub reviews for the site at the moment)

Well I'm half way through now and very impressed with it. I agree the character design is different but that's quite pleasing, as watching anime where everyone looks the same as in 20 others is getting boring now.

The storyline is getting very intriguing now and although I've heard it has a sad ending, I'm looking forward to seeing the rest :D

Edit: thought I'd just add to this post! I finished it today and it was brilliant! If an anime should be reviewed next to NGE, it's this one :D

I finished it today finally, this series is amazing everyone should definetly check it out, great story, great animation, great characters, great dialogue all in all GREAT SHOW!!!

Back