Dark Souls Confirmed for PC

Arbalest

黒い剣士
According to the German PC gaming magazine Action, it's been confirmed that Dark Souls is making it's way to PC. We're still to get the full announcement from Namco Bandais official Dark souls facebook(since they thought it was going to be clever to announce it through likes...?) but it looks like there will be new boss battles included in this version of the game, as well as being a direct port of the rest of the game. And to top it off, the game is to be released in August.

A tad premature, don't you think? There is due to be a big announcement on the 12th I believe, and while I don't doubt it will get a PC release, if that is all the announcement is, it'll be a punch in the dick to all Dark Souls fans. A sequel or DLC are more desirable. ESPECIALLY a sequel.

Disappointed it is getting a PC release tbh. It means the people who trolled the Dark Souls Facebook page are getting what they want, which is not what they deserve. I'd have been happier if Dark Souls was on PC from day one instead.

I dunno if it will be a full kick in the teeth, since i know a fair few people who bought the game on PS3 who where asking for the PC port of the game. I fully agree that it should have been there on PC day one instead, it's just a platform some still overlook for some reason.

The idea behind DLC, yes i think it's possible it'll get thrown in there. They could throw in these supposed new bosses on the PC version into the PS3/360 versions as DLC, preferably for free, but knowing microsoft, it'll have to be worth something. Sequel, i think it's a bit soon, at the very least for them to reveal it. From what i know of these guys, they have a tendency to announce things further into development. I could be wrong though, hah.

The cover was actually shown on Forbes' site as well, and if i'm being honest, this isn't the first time i've ever seen a magazine "leak" things early.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/20 ... magazines/

Yes, but I am more likely to buy things if they are on PC, and Dark Souls is a game I am on the fence about, but just need a tiny little extra push. :)

564618_305259969547054_119869331419453_757375_113075776_n.jpg

List of new content for it:
New Bosses - Including Artorias of Abyss, Chimera of Tomb, and more
PVP Online Matchmaking System - Quick matching for co-op or PVP
New Areas – Including Oolacile Tomb, Old Ruins and more
New Enemies – Including Abyss Guard, Chained Prisoner and more
New NPCs – Including Hawkeye Gough and more
New Weapons and Armor – Equip some from the new bosses, enemies, and NPCs

And to back it up once more, here be the trailer for Dark Souls: Prepare to Die edition - https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... zSqBfPQIEk

Well, at least it looks like they're porting it the sensible way; I hear that porting from 360 to Games for Windows Live is easier than many other ways.

Nice to see which new content is going to be in the inevitable DLC.

Will the final, ultimate edition with all the DLC be called the "My Name Is Inigo Montoya, You Killed My Father Edition"?

Now every time you see that cover, you will read "Prepare to Die" in his voice. My work here is done.

Seems like a pretty good time of year to release it. Shame they aren't just going with Steam rather than GFWL, but there seem to be a couple of reasons for it.

So the Dark Souls content going to PC has been confirmed as DLC now for PS360. "Artorias of the Abyss" will be hitting consoles this winter for 1200MS points or £10 on PSN. Seems that at the same time, they confirmed that you will be able to pick up the Prepare to Die edition off of Steam as well, meaning you don't have to use games for windows live now, which i imagine will bring a sigh of relief to some.

Source: GameSpot

Good news about the DLC, but it was a dick move of them to wait this long to announce it after trolling their fans with the PC version instead. Steam will please the fanboys.

Back