DAISUKI to shut down on October 31

P

Paul

The anime streaming service DAISUKI has announced that it will be shutting down on October 31, 2017. The following has been posted on its website, with no further information provided:

“We regret to report that Anime Consortium Japan Inc.’s international anime streaming platform “DAISUKI” will be ending service as of October 31, 2017 at 11 a.m. Japan Standard Time.”

DAISUKI has a number of anime series available to stream in the UK. For example, it was previously the only website to legally stream Dragon Ball Super until that was snapped up by Crunchyroll in May of this year.

Continue reading...

I used it for a couple of exclusives but I always had a lot of trouble with their player and the lack of apps didn't help me in coming back to it. It's a shame to see it go as I always thought with a few improvements it could have done quite well, especially given those who put money into starting it to begin with.

I really hope Sunrise will release other 80's Mecha series on Blu with Right Stuf once they are done with getting all of Gundam out. When I saw some of those shows on Daisuki it gave me hope and that hope certainly continues despite this news.

I'm not too surprised that it's closing down to be honest. It's a shame to see, but it didn't have much in terms of exclusivity to really keep me going back. I was happy with crunchyroll for the most part, so i didn't have to go anywhere for, say, Gundam IBO or anything to that affect. One Punch Man was the main thing i went over to it for and nothing much else. I do wish there was more accessible to the UK from their library, especially if there was more behind it than we could see, but hey. It had promise, but just failed to deliver

Sort of not surprised and surprised at the same time. From the start I thought there was potential, especially considering the parties involved. It just didn't really take off, but it felt like they just needed a bit more content/awareness. I was actually expecting them to stick around for longer and pick up a license once in a while.

While the player wasn't the greatest, the stream quality was okay and I did actually watch a couple of shows on there.

Back