Cyberpunk 2077

Anime1977

Vampire Ninja
Given that the reception to the last game seemed kind of medium, I'm a little bemused to see them doing a Shenmue anime now (perhaps the deal was already done before the game came out, as with Trigger's Cyberpunk 2077 series), but it looks very promising - I'm pleasantly surprised.
An anime of cyberpunk 2077 I hope it's good I just hope that the usual suspects don't start accuse it of being transphobic before any one has seen it which happened to the disappointing cyberpunk 2077 game.

An anime of cyberpunk 2077 I hope it's good I just hope that the usual suspects don't start accuse it of being transphobic before any one has seen it which happened to the disappointing cyberpunk 2077 game.
A Cyberpunk 2077 anime... I can only assume it'll be jank animation and only release the 1st episode then make people wait 2 years for the rest of the season 🤷‍♂️

Being serious though. Was there transphobe hate for CP?? I didn't see any only about how broken it was (I tend to avoid those types of social media avenues though) ie. Right wing professionally offended man babies.

A Cyberpunk 2077 anime... I can only assume it'll be jank animation and only release the 1st episode then make people wait 2 years for the rest of the season 🤷‍♂️

Being serious though. Was there transphobe hate for CP?? I didn't see any only about how broken it was (I tend to avoid those types of social media avenues though) ie. Right wing professionally offended man babies.
A quick Google search shows there were a fair number of complains about transphobia in the game.

A quick Google search shows there were a fair number of complains about transphobia in the game.
Oh transphobia IN the game!
I thought he was referring to crazy online commentators who accuse everything of being woke and evil!
I didn't realise there was actual transphobic elements in the game 😳

Last edited:
I've got to say, the complaints about Cyberpunk 2077 are some of the most exggerrated nonsense I've seen in some time. It almost makes me wonder if there was some bizarre orchestrated scheme to tarnish the company.

Changes did happen to the scope of the game during development, which always happens, and these were described news releases. Aside from needing a driver update at launch, I played it from beginning to end, including every optional quest and objective without issue. It didn't crash, soft lock or encounter any significant bugs during that play through.

That's something you definitely cannot claim to be true about numerous other games that released around the same time and even fairly recently by far bigger companies in much worse states.

I've got to say, the complaints about Cyberpunk 2077 are some of the most exggerrated nonsense I've seen in some time. It almost makes me wonder if there was some bizarre orchestrated scheme to tarnish the company.

Changes did happen to the scope of the game during development, which always happens, and these were described news releases. Aside from needing a driver update at launch, I played it from beginning to end, including every optional quest and objective without issue. It didn't crash, soft lock or encounter any significant bugs during that play through.

That's something you definitely cannot claim to be true about numerous other games that released around the same time and even fairly recently by far bigger companies in much worse states.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're playing on a pretty good PC and didn't play at launch.

I played on a PS4 and it crashed every 10 mins and looked like crap even PC players had numerous bugs for the first 2 months (and still do).
Even now playing the PS4 version on a PS5, yes the graphics look better and less 'blurry' but at the cost of almost no population in the city. Traffic has been cut back by 80% and roads are deserted.

I don't think the response from gamers was exaggerated at all. CDPR went out of their way to hide the performance of the game before launch on console & PC so any backlash they invited willingly.

Even when they FINALLY drop the next gen update I highly doubt I'll bother. I've written it off as a bad investment and moved on.
Plus £5 says it'll be broken anyway 🤷‍♂️

the problems weren't really with the PC version but the console ones, which were a total mess. the fact that they didn't show any console footage before launch didn't help, console gamers rightfully felt that they'd been conned.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're playing on a pretty good PC and didn't play at launch.

I played on a PS4 and it crashed every 10 mins and looked like crap even PC players had numerous bugs for the first 2 months (and still do).
Even now playing the PS4 version on a PS5, yes the graphics look better and less 'blurry' but at the cost of almost no population in the city. Traffic has been cut back by 80% and roads are deserted.

I don't think the response from gamers was exaggerated at all. CDPR went out of their way to hide the performance of the game before launch on console & PC so any backlash they invited willingly.

Even when they FINALLY drop the next gen update I highly doubt I'll bother. I've written it off as a bad investment and moved on.
Plus £5 says it'll be broken anyway 🤷‍♂️
To answer your question I played it on release day on a gaming laptop that released in 2018.

To answer your question I played it on release day on a gaming laptop that released in 2018.
Then you sir got a very good deal on that laptop.
That said even the most positive reviews on metacritic say it was riddled with bugs at launch so you must have the highest tolerance.
I'm genuinely happy you enjoyed it and I'm kinda jealous.
The biggest problem is you and me didn't play the same game but CDPR did make the same promises to us and charge the same price.
Which is the reason they'll never have my trust again.

I played it a few months back (well, some of it because it's actually not very good so I dropped it) on a RTX 3070 ti with Digital Foundry recommended settings and it still ran like garbage half the time, not to mention all the other issues like the braindead ai, the empty feeling city and other dumb glitches... But anyway, this has absolutely nothing to do with anime news... :p

Back