Cromartie High School

melonpan

Death Scythe
I have seen this advertised from ADV, they say it's great, but i don't think it looks that good, could anyone tell me if they think this is good or not?

I could only stomach 3 episodes. There was continuous reference to the manga (stuff like "if you want to know what we're talking about, go read the manga"), so I couldn't really get into it!
The characters are all "back end of a bus" ugly (which doesn't help a female enjoy something :wink: ) and it was very disjointed. One minute they were doing one thing and the next it cut to something completely different.
I was hoping it would be funnier and a lot more entertainging (like The Ping Pong Club) but it wasn't!!

I have been tempted a couple of times to buy the manga, to see if I could enjoy the anime more, but it seemed like such an expense if I still didn't like it!

Miaka has seemed to faired better than me I watched about 1 and half episodes. Sure had some funny bits but probable not enough to warrant the expense of collecting the series.

Plus read about half of the first volume of the manga and couldn`t get into it. I would highly recommend GTO over this show just on strength of GTO`s manga alone.

Just seeing the trailer put me off. I don't really have any intentions of buying it, and I don't particularly want to watch it, either. I have a feeling that one of my friends will force me to, though- he thinks it looks hilarious (he's a very masculine man in terms of his tastes, if that makes sense). Personally, I can't watch animes with characters that don't have big, colourful eyes. Although Tohru's were almost too big...

The manga is hilarious, i've never seen the series though. A lot of people who loved the manga have said that the anime isn't very good at all.

Denser said:
Miaka has seemed to faired better than me I watched about 1 and half episodes.
That's only because I hoped it would get better ^_^
So many anime have a bad start but seem to pick up by the 2nd or 3rd episode, sadly this one just didn't!

I saw the first episode of this a while ago, about 5 minuites of the utterly hidious character designs used throughout and the fact it just wasn't funny had me turning it off.

Miaka-chan said:
Denser said:
Miaka has seemed to faired better than me I watched about 1 and half episodes.
That's only because I hoped it would get better ^_^
So many anime have a bad start but seem to pick up by the 2nd or 3rd episode, sadly this one just didn't!

That is so true, but something about cromartie grated upon my nerves. Maybe the lack of cute girls possibly ~ shrugs ~.

Back