Could Animatsu Potentially Sub License Animated Shows?

Invisible Crane

Adventurer
Even though it involves Animatsu it's got nothing to do with anime so I thought I'd post this here. Now correct me if I'm wrong but Animatsu is basically Manga Entertainment but with more freedom to release what they want (hence bringing the likes of Red Vs Blue, RWBY, etc to the UK on DVD/BD). I got to thinking, could that spread to other non-anime titles that don't have a UK DVD/BD release?. I know this sounds like a long shot and probably would not happen but could Animatsu sub-license the likes of Rick And Morty and Adventure Time (and other shows of that ilk) on BD in the UK. Considering both shows are out on BD in the US/Aus but don't have a BD release over here (I know R&M has not been on TV at all over here but it's not like the show is unknown over here and you'd think with the popularity of AT a BD release over here would be a no-brainer) could Animatsu do that?

Is Adventure Time not even out on DVD over here yet?

It wouldn't surprise me if they did more stuff like that though - they already seem to be branching out into quite a few live action films.

RWBY was a big seller for them, so I suspect they're definitely looking at more things in that vein.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Lutga said:
Is Adventure Time not even out on DVD over here yet?

It is, I've seen the first couple of seasons in HMV.

Seasons 1 and 2 are and they are terrible. No extras, some episodes I think have been cut and missing episodes on season 2 I think to avoid a 12 rating, and for the record the missing episodes are "It Came From The Nightosphere" (the first apperence of the Nightosphere and Marceline's dad), "Death In Bloom", "Mortal Folly" (the first appearence of The Lich) and "Mortal Recoil"

Meanwhile in the US, Season 5 is just about or is now out on BD

Back