Cosplay help! Lelouch from Code Geass jacket

Hiya all,

I'm trying to put a cosplay costume together and I thought I would ask you guys on the forum for some help if you don't mind. Turns out there is a big Code Geass group on the saturday at expo and I'm hoping to go as Lelouch.

Trouble is, I have had a hard time finding the right jacket. Anyone who has seen the anime, will know it's the black and gold one. Unfortunately, there are some really awful one's out there but I need to find somewhere that sells it and can get it to me before expo. (i.e not China)

I know its a race against the clock (three weeks and counting) but I'm hoping that people can suggest good cosplay shops or know of anywhere else worth trying. So if any of you guys can give me a hand in my search , that would be appreciated. My ankle is still crap, but I'm hoping to go, even if it means on crutches....

M.G xx

I'm taking a look about at present, but my first suggestion would have been to check TokyoToys website, but after looking at the prices for it, i can see why it maybe one you'd pass on. Erm. I take it Ebay will be out of the question too. Erm...i'll see if i can find anything else to suggest though.

Is makig something an option? Do you sew at all? Looking at the cosplay sites above for ideas, I would suggest getting a black mandarin collar shirt (google this, you should find something), edge it with gold ribbon (if sewing this would be difficult, try wonderweb, the stuff you iron-on for hemming).
Then I'd make a front panel out of plain black cotton, again edging this with black ribbon.
Then you could sew this on to the side of the shirt where the button holes are, so that the button holes run down the middle of the front panel (but the panel would be on top of the butonholes). If you are looking at the shirt front on and the buttonholes are on your right hand side, you would sew the panel on the top and the bottom up to the midline and then sew the right hand edge.
All you would need to do then is, after you put the shirt on and buttoned it up, attach the other half of the front panel to the other side of the shirt with velcro, or poppers perhaps.
Oh and add the other details using gold ribbon and gold buttons as necessary.
This probably hasn't made any sense, but I hope it helps somehow!

Big thanks to everyone for all your suggestions, you guys have stumbled across some sites that I didn't know about. I will go investigate, then all I would have to worry about is the hair. Back to the hairdressers for another manga haircut, methinks!

@Spyro - Come to think of it, I only ever cosplay as boy characters... no wait.... there was Kino one time (but then again, she sorts looks like a boy anyway...)

@Arbalest & evangelion rocks - Thanks for these. I have sent an email to TokyoToys to find out when they get their stock. Worst case scenario, this will be my backup, but I'm sure one of the other suggestions will come through.

@Otaku - Me? As CC :eek: You're joking, right?....
I sooo do not have her figure. Journalism school has made me fat.

@panda z - I wish I could sew, but other than heming buttons on shirts, that's about all I can do. But I was impressed at how you de-constructed the jacket, I would never have thought of that at all.

Manga Girls said:
Back to the hairdressers for another manga haircut, methinks!

I get my hair cut similar to Light Yagami and then it grows out to look like Itsuki Koizumi's, unintentionally. I do not cosplay either; which is why I will probably be no help.

I usually just type in anime titles in Ebay and lots of cosplay costumes come up, even though I'm not interested. If that does not work for you then just use a search engine and browse through the many websites that appear after you search "cosplay". I would not recommend typing in just "cosplay" in on its own though, othwerwise you will be bombarded with Rei Ayanami's with their legs open or Chun-Li's stroking themselves, maybe even the odd Haruhi with a good up-skirt shot (passed experience: although I never regret saving the Haruhi ones).

Update: Just ordered my Lelouch jacket. Thanks for all the help folks. *Fingers crossed* it should arrive before expo.

@Amray - I've had a Light haircut before too. My hairdresser is good at indulging my crazy requests.

Manga Girls said:
@Amray - I've had a Light haircut before too. My hairdresser is good at indulging my crazy requests.

I did not ask for a Light Yagami hair style or anything like that, I just told the hairdresser how I wanted it and he did it, then it grew out and looked like Light's. When I was sitting down watching Death Note even my mum came in and said that I probably went into the shop with a picture of Light for a template for the hairdresser to follow. It was completely unintentional.

Anyway: have fun with your Lelouch things.

Bad news guys, my jacket has yet to arrive so I wont be Lelouch at expo. :( Have to go with Plan B - gothic lolita aristocrat. Will have to save Lulu for October...

Ah, thats annoying. Still at least you where able to have a back-up plan just in case, when will the jacket arrive anyway?

I'm still annoyed that i couldn't muster up the money in the end to get down there, or even if i could, i wouldn't have the money for much there at all. I will be able to make the October one though for sure.

Back