Concluding March, beginning April

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
With only a few solemn, half eaten Easter eggs left concealed at the back of the room, March already seems like a long distant memory for us. Compared with the excitement galore we've seen in the last few of months, March was actually a rather quiet period for the UK with but a few announcements and conventions scattered through out the last 4 weeks to keep people interested.

Our favourite news stories from March include "Steamboy UK DVD release date", "Manga in libraries causes more controversy" and "More new anime for the UK from MVM". While Anime UK News itself (11 new reviews) and our community forums continued to show steady progress (with 30 new users and 164 new topics (up 10 from February)- a big thanks to everyone who is contributing!).

We've been harping on about it for long enough now, but April appears to be the proper start to the promised 2005 UK anime renaissance with no fewer than 8 new high profile anime series debuting in the UK soon (including Gungrave, Haibane Renmei, New Fist of the North Star, S-CRY-ed and Witch Hunter Robin). Here's hoping it turns out to be as fun a month as it appears!

Well I'm looking forward to Steamboy. Mainly after I saw the official trailer on the Sony site.

After that, well, Haibane Renmei looks very interesting, and definitely up my street. Haven't heard too much about Witch Hunter Robin.

Although in the end, I'm just hoping Manga ent. does a good release of SAC, volume 3. After the problems with the last 2 volumes, it would be nice to have the 3rd volume come through clean. Here's hoping.

im looking forward to Gungrave, have the game, would love to see the proper story.....and also looking forward to NGE PLAT 2...
MVM sure is getting hefty with the UK releases, i can hardly make up my mind on what to get next!

Gungrave, NGE plat and the next Cowboy Bebop are definitely on my list. this forum really is going from strength to strength though - there seems to be a new intro thread on an almost daily basis these days.

Back