Comedy - any recommendations?

Gemma1412

Kiznaiver
I'm looking for a anime for my friend to watch. She's watching a very heavy one at the moment and wants something light and funny to balance it.

Any recommendations?

I said Azumanga Daioh, School Rumble and Lucky Star but i've never seen them so i was wondering if anyone would like to recommend any different ones. Thanks! ^.^

Excel Saga. The opposite of heavy and also one of the funniest series I've ever watched. The English dub is terrible though, one of the worst out there so be warned.

You mentioned Azumanga and that's great as well. Very laid back and genuinely funny without trying hard.

Ah, I thought you were talking about Kigeki, also known as Comedy - which, btw, is utterly fantastic for a ten minute short :]

As for comedy anime (the genre, this time!) ... can't really think of any! Most anime humour is based on Japanese customs and culture, and not being Japanese myself, a lot of it would be lost on me, so I don't really bother with the comedy genre. Sorry for being absolutely useless in this thread :p

Some of my fave comedies would have to be:

Top 3 must own or watch

Lovely Complex - Rom/Com
Golden Boy - one of my fave animes
Genshiken - Otaku anime fan based comedy

Other good comedies

Noodle Fighter Miki
Happy Lesson
Nagasarete Airantou
Gintama
He Is My Master
Kage Kara Mamoru! - Ninja Comedy
Any Lupin III film
Your Under Arrest
Miami Guns
Those Who Hunt Elves

All the above are well worth watching :D

Genshiken has been mentioned by McIcy once again :p But i to would recommend this one. At the moment i cant really think of any other ones that i laughed alot at while watching... If i think of any later ill put on here :)

Ful Metal Panic is action comedy, so not always laugh out loud stuff. However the Fumoffu series got me laughing a lot.

A couple new things I have started getting, Magikano and The Wallflower had me laughing out loud.

Ah My Goddess has its moments to.

I'll second Lovely Complex, that was a great romantic comedy. I'd also suggest Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi - suitable wacky humour with a myriad of settings and OTT characters :)

Ah, thanks guys! Awesome selection - i've written them all down XP
Now i've got loads of new anime to choose from! YAY! XD

Thank you, Sy, Mc Icy,Taylor, Dracos, Cheeky, Gekko Go and Nick! Oh, and thanks Citizen Geek for being completely useless! XP

Ninja Nonsense: The Legend of Shinobu, I remember I loved watching this series, one of the funnier animes I've seen, but I recently tried to re-watch it and didn't enjoy much, maybe it was because it was a dub. But the comedy is silly and you gotta love the yellow guy, GAAAAABOOOORAHHHHH

NinjaNonsense.gif

Roadie said:
Ninja Nonsense: The Legend of Shinobu, I remember I loved watching this series, one of the funnier animes I've seen, but I recently tried to re-watch it and didn't enjoy much, maybe it was because it was a dub. But the comedy is silly and you gotta love the yellow guy, GAAAAABOOOORAHHHHH

NinjaNonsense.gif

Just bought and watched this, I thought it was quite funny but not as laugh a minute as I had thought it was going to be.

Something I do think is pretty funny is Moon Phase.

Roadie said:

NinjaNonsense.gif

Anyone know where i can watch this subbed haha >.<

Cheeky said:
I'd also suggest Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi - suitable wacky humour with a myriad of settings and OTT characters :)

Abenobashi is one of the weirdest, funiest animes i've ever watched, but you do really have to have seen your fair share of other series to get some of the references. Having said that though, i've lent my copy to a few non anime watching friends and they loved it.

Full Metal Panic!
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
Chobits
Martian Successor Nadesico
Burn Up! Excess
Da Capo
Dracos said:
They must be hard to find amongst all the "shiney eyes of love stares".

Maxon said:
Full Metal Panic!
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
Chobits
Martian Successor Nadesico
Burn Up! Excess
Da Capo
Dracos said:
They must be hard to find amongst all the "shiney eyes of love stares".

I think some of the arguments between Urd and Skuld are priceless, Keichi gets caught up in some pretty funny situations to. Although sometimes you want to slap Belldandy and tell her to stop being so wet.

Back