Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion 1 – Initiation: Cinema Screening Review

D

darkstorm

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion 1 – Initiation is best experienced if you're already a fan, keen to enjoy all the bombastic and explosive glory of the original series plus some new content in glorious cinematic quality.

Continue reading...

Went to see this evening, and enjoyed it. I didn't realise until a couple of days that it was a compilation film, so I had rewatched the first 4 or 5 episodes on Netflix.

Enjoyed it quite a bit, the school council didn't really feel missed, though it was very much a Greatest Hits of Zero. Was fun hearing the soundtrack and The Emperor of Britannia's booming voice in the cinema sound system, though his speech during the funeral is more than a little uncomfortable these days (even more so than when I saw it the first time years ago).

I get the feeling that the faults this has are faults generally of anime compilation films, so it wasn't a huge issue for me. Its just a style of film that is popular in Japan that we don't really bother with in Western English-speaking cinema.

Back