Cloverfield

Voddas

Symphogear
MAJOR SPOILER!!!! Please don't look at this link if you don't want to see what the Cloverfield monster looks like!

SPOILER!!!Cloverfield Monster

The fools released a model of the monster before the preview! So much for keeping it shtun like. They decided to go with a Westernised Godzilla, how original.:roll:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Sami

Adventurer
Just got back from the cinema from seeing it, it was brilliant, I'd recommend you go see it if 'monster movies' are your thing ..Even if they aren't ;)
I really enjoyed it, my only little ..nitpick was the camera, now could it really last 7 hours? I don't know anything about video camera's but I wouldn't think so.

I thought myself that the monster looked pretty good, how it was introduced into the city ..Everyone thinking it might be a terrorist attackm or such. I loved Hud, he was kind of like the comic relief while filming almost everything. Also Marlena, after she got bitten, I can't help but wonder, did she get infected? When they were found by the army and she then started bleeding a lot, out her eyes and such, they killed her? A precaution they were taking?

Anyway, I really did enjoy it, good movie. :D
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Primus

Dandy Guy, in Space
Sami said:
the camera, now could it really last 7 hours? I don't know anything about video camera's but I wouldn't think so.

Well, one of my old camcorders last like 5 hours, with one charge, and it's atleast 5 years old. So it's possible battery cells are advanced enough to keep a Camera on that long.
Sami said:
Also Marlena, after she got bitten, I can't help but wonder, did she get infected? When they were found by the army and she then started bleeding a lot, out her eyes and such, they killed her? A precaution they were taking?

Wasn't Marlena that woman who expanded suddenly, and I guess exploded(Behind the shades) in the Medical area?I'd assume that would only happen by getting infected by the Monster's Leaching Creatures.

Oh, during the credits that whole "It's Alive" thing backwards just screams sequel. And with the modest budget this movie was made on(25 Million), and it grossed 17 Million on it's first day, looks like Paramount will do that.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Sami

Adventurer
Primus said:
Sami said:
the camera, now could it really last 7 hours? I don't know anything about video camera's but I wouldn't think so.

Well, one of my old camcorders last like 5 hours, with one charge, and it's atleast 5 years old. So it's possible battery cells are advanced enough to keep a Camera on that long.
Sami said:
Also Marlena, after she got bitten, I can't help but wonder, did she get infected? When they were found by the army and she then started bleeding a lot, out her eyes and such, they killed her? A precaution they were taking?

Wasn't Marlena that woman who expanded suddenly, and I guess exploded(Behind the shades) in the Medical area?I'd assume that would only happen by getting infected by the Monster's Leaching Creatures.

Oh, during the credits that whole "It's Alive" thing backwards just screams sequel. And with the modest budget this movie was made on(25 Million), and it grossed 17 Million on it's first day, looks like Paramount will do that.

Ooooh, I don't really know much about camcorders myself so I suppose I guess that clears that up!

Oh, she exploded? I guess I just assumed they shot her the way they dragged her off-screen in a panic, and then she was shot by them ..not that I actually recall hearing any gunshots mind you but ..

And I'd probably agree with you there, with something like that in the credits you'd only have to assume as much.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Jaymii

Baka Ranger
I saw it at the cinema today, It was really fantastic.
I liked the fact that it left us hanging since I knew it was going to do that. The monster looked quite surreal, Orga-esque. I liked the characters although I feel a lot more needs to be explained, Like the death of that girl - Exploding or something WTF. I was wondering why it took so long for them to take care off her though, She had such a massive gash on her body.

I'm not sure if I'd like a sequel, It could be quite interesting seeing other peoples takes on the monster attacking the city. I wouldn't mind seeing the film without being in a HUD-Camera mode as a special feature or something on the disk release.

Overall! GO WATCH IT! I felt it lived up to the hype I gave it, and more, It didn't seem to be as good for the "newcomers" in whom didn't really have a clue what the film was about in the first place.

I think It must be in the Top Ten Movie's I've ever seen now.
 

Lupus

Baka Ranger
That girls name was Marlena btw.

I'm glad HUD died he was just so ******* annoying.

It was a decent movie, gonna watch it again with my college though. ;O
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Kurogane

Chuunibyou
Just came in a while ago from seeing it with a few mates.

Great film in all. They gave just about the right amount of coverage on the monster/creature (it looked like some variety of ogre to me), much like Independence Day; making sure not to strip down the mystic element they had going in the trailers etc.

Definitely the best film I've seen this year, and it's probably gone down to the end of my top 10 list.

Like already said, go see this movie. :twisted: :lol:
 

CitizenGeek

Guild Member
Went to see this last night and I was blown away. Really, really fantastic movie! It was all I wanted and more. This is something I will definitely be buying on DVD!
 

Kurogane

Chuunibyou
Seems the only thing people have to call out against this film is the style it was filmed in; the amateur cameraman-esque shooting, but I thought that was what made the film. :?

Pretty ****** basis for someones disliking of the entire film IMO.
 

Jaymii

Baka Ranger
Kurogane said:
Seems the only thing people have to call out against this film is the style it was filmed in; the amateur cameraman-esque shooting, but I thought that was what made the film. :?
Yeah - I've also noticed that the people whom don't like the film are really moronic and didn't understand what was going on.

"CLVRFLD SUX0RZ BEKUZ ITZ NOT A MNSTR MUVIEE"

In which, It really isn't. I don't understand why people go in thinking that. Its the life off these randoms kids whilst a Monster is about. Not a Monster is about while there are random kids. Its a really good flick though. I wouldn't mind seeing it again, I would imagine it will always be much better as a in-theatre picture rather than one you can watch at home.
 

Will-O'-The-Wisp

Cardcaptor
Not long got back from seing it. Overall, it was a decent film if you can withstand the sickness inducing motion of the camera (My friend walked out half way through for fresh air since he felt ill from the film... yeah, it can be that bad.). Also, a friend said if you listen carefully at the end, you can here a voice saying "It's still alive.". They could make a sequal though with these types of films it's hard to see them making another.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Lupus

Baka Ranger
The first five minutes or so I noticed the constant movement of the camera, after that I was just absorbed into the movie, I just went with the flow. Enjoyed it more this time than when I watched it on the internet. Since I actually got to see the monster much more clearly and the movie had my full attention this time, so I appreciated much more overall. Worthy of top 10, but it's not in mine.

I also liked Marlena, I dunno why, I just... did.

Oh, forgot to mention, watched to the end of the credits to hear the "It's still alive." thing, but saw that "Fuzz" by MUCC was in the film in some way. Haha.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Jaymii

Baka Ranger
JJ Abrams has mentioned the possibility off s sequel. I doubt it'll be happening yet though. He said something along the lines off actually keeping it good. Also the "Its Still Alive" thing, I mean, It obviously was and is. If they do do anything with Cloverfield it better be like a intertwined story or something. As someone said somewhere, Cloverfield Part B rather than Cloverfield 2.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top