Casshern trailer and DVD cover-art

I just adore the quote for this one. "Better than both Matrix sequels put together" - but is it better than getting crapped on by a flock of pigeons, because I'd take that over the Matrix sequels any day...

Hehe... Paul Ross. He has a rating scheme starting at 5 and ending at 5. Nevertheless, I won't let the presence of his name on the cover of a DVD stop me from asking my next question: is this film any good?

The film is awesome, but the quote really pissed me off, and it was Paul Ross aswell, he thought Collateral Damage was good :evil:

If you go into Casshern with an open-mind, you'll be rewarded with a cool film. It's not a revelation by any means, but if you enjoy comic book action, there is a lot like here. I loved the soundtrack too, it's almost constant, building up at the right places and adding depth where the characterization was lacking.

Though, it certainly feels like a film attempting adapt a long running TV series into 2+ hrs- some things happen that don't make a lot of sense and the ending is a typical Japanese philosophical mix. I think a lot of people dislike it because of that, it struggles between anti-war and comic book action. Personally, I really liked it and can't wait to get the DVD, but it's certainly not without flaws either.

i own the original region 3 version of Casshern... the film rocks, but one prob.. too looong! trust me, you will be wondering, when on earth is this gona end!?!!?!

Back