Case Closed

Alice

Student Council President
I was just wondering what volume the Japanese version is up to - I'm pretty sure we're up to volume 16 here. Also, as I don't watch the anime, do you think there is any sign of it stopping soon?

Thanks for the help!

Alice said:
I was just wondering what volume the Japanese version is up to - I'm pretty sure we're up to volume 16 here. Also, as I don't watch the anime, do you think there is any sign of it stopping soon?

Thanks for the help!
I think it's well in the 50s in Japan. It's pretty damn popular over there (its ratings were often over Naruto by a long way a while ago) so doesn't look likely it'll be stopping any time soon.

Think it's up to about 16/7 in the US and we're just behind in the UK with 13 coming out this month.

Really like this series so far so I'll just take it as it comes.

Ah, that's great - thank you!

I,too, heard from a friend who keeps up to date with the Japanese version that it's into its fifties now. Good news!

According to Wikipedia there are 57 volumes of the Detective Conan manga and counting.

As for the Case Closed, the English translation, Gollanz should be publishing volume 13 on Monday (March 24th) but, if, like me you can't wait, Viz are up to volume 16 which you can get from places like United Publications, The Book Depository or Anime-on-line.

Case Closed, along with GetBackers, is my favourite manga although I would have to concede the stories are beginning to have what I would call a Jessica Fletch Syndrome. It would be interesting to see the anime but I suspect it is unlikely it will reach these shores (R1 imports and fansubs etc don't count)

Case Closed was pretty much my first manga and I love it! I've only got chapters 1 - 5, but I definately think I'm going to get more of the books soon. Really great series - great art, great episodic stories and an interesting overarching story in the background too!

Back