Case Closed Now Available On Crunchyroll

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
Just two weeks away from its twentieth anniversary, TMS Entertainment's long-running detective anime <strong>Case Closed</strong> (known in Japan as <em>Detective Conan</em>) has become available in the United Kingdom for the first time following an announcement by the premium streaming service Crunchyroll. Episodes 754 and onwards are available, with new instalments released on Saturdays.

Based on Gosho Aoyama's long-running Weekly Shonen Sunday manga about a high school detective who finds himself confined to a prepubescent body after injesting an experimental poison, the franchise has spawned over 800 televised episodes, 19 feature films and even multiple crossovers with Monkey Punch's <em>Lupin III </em>franchise.

FUNimation Entertainment licensed and released the first 130 episodes in North America, while Viz Media are publishing the original manga in English.

Source

Morbo86 said:
I've been interested in watching this... Now where can I find episodes 131 - 753 episodes without becoming a pirate?

For now there isn't one. But knowing Crunchyroll and how they like to add catalogue seasons to previous big shows (Fairy Tail, Lupin the Third, One Piece etc.), I can see TMS adding more episodes later on.

I thought TMS were generally quite weird about regions and refused to sell more than one territory to the same company. Perhaps this is a change in strategy for them.

Hmm. Even if TMS finally are changing their tune (hand over Lupin kthx), if Funi still have any claim to the first 130 episodes, I imagine CR acquiring them would be doubtful. It's unfortunate as, while I don't think the overall series continuity only moves very slowly, I'm sure it would get a lot more traction if one could watch it from the beginning.

Oh neat, I thought it was one of CR's "Catalogue" titles which is code these days for "Old crap Craig would love to see without breaking TOS (and probably a few international laws)"

Back