Cardcaptor Sakura: Collector's Edition Review

Just a bit of a clarification for people who are considering it for the "4k" aspect.

The blu ray playback is actually a 1080p downscale of 4k scans of the original cels. It was released like this in japan as well i believe.

Its still the best quality version of the show released since the dvds and vhs and online rips. But its not a 4k uhd disc. Its a 1080p blu ray.

A few corrections. While it did air on citv it first aired on nickelodeon and was repeated on citv. Also about some episodes not being dubbed. If your referring to episode 15 and 16 this is a myth, all episodes where dubbed but those 2 weren't broadcast in Canada (or the uk for that matter) but was broadcast in some countries. In fact I once saw them on YouTube and in the dub for 16 they change it to make it so sakura knows from the beginning the man is her grandfather, I think in the dub they make it so the whole trip was to see him.

Oh, then may I ask what you meant buy "Cardcaptors did not adapt every episode in the series." Because as I said every episode was dubbed by nevada so what did you mean? I'm just trying to understand where your coming from as I'm confused right now.

Not every episode was broadcast in America, Canada and UK (America being the worst having so many not broadcast check Wikipedia) but all 70 episode's were dubbed by nevada and even though not every episode that was dubbed were broadcast in those territories the one's that wernt in those were broadcast in other territories. Why 2 of them weren't even broadcast in Canada where it was dubbed I don't know.

Oh right. I think I spotted the error. I meant that not every episode was aired rather than not every episode was dubbed. I think my book is fine, but I have removed this bit from the review. Thanks.

Ah, thanks for the clarification, though I stand by what I said about it airing on nickelodeon in the uk first and citv second I actually remember the promos. I wasn't watching it then but did catch 1 episode. Then sometime latter nickelodeon announced the 2nd series and eventually I watched it and came in at sakura capturing earth card and Julian being revealed as yue. The reason I bring this up is because weirdly nickelodeon's promo for the first series actually included yue saying "you realise you can not defeat me by simply running away". I also remember being annoyed when it wasn't on nick anymore then excited when it came to citv.

@Ian Wolf i know i'm bumping an old thread but i finally found a source proving what i said about cardcaptors airing on nickelodeon first

" In Britain, it was shown on Nickelodeon from May 2001, becoming one of the network’s top titles. Very unusually for an anime, it crossed to British terrestrial TV, being shown on the children’s block CITV from September that year (this was before CITV became a separate channel)."

just to prove i wasn't lying.

Back