Cancellations

Necromancer

Stand User
Not been in here in awhile again but thought some people might want to know about the latest US shows to be cancelled (if they didn't know already since most were announced last week).

Heroes: So glad I don't have to force myself to watch a 5th season of what has become garbage.
FlashForward: I was really enjoying this! not looking forward to it's 1st and only season ending on what will probably be an unresolved cliffhanger.
Legend of the Seeker: It's been a decent show but I'm neither happy or sad it won't be adapting any of the later books in the series, my brother's told me almost everything that happens in them already!

Anyone know of any other shows they're following getting canned?
 

Jaymii

Baka Ranger
V will get cancelled about four episodes into season 2, no doubt. ABC also finalized the death of Scrubs and Better Off Ted. Ugly Betty died a month or so back. The superhero quota on TV will be half filled by the well-received No Ordinary Heroes.

CBS are probably going to cancel Cold Case, Numb3rs and I wouldn't be surprised if Ghost Whisper (and/or Medium) also gets knocked off their schedule.

FOX killed 24 a while back, their are prospects for a movie but we all know how they develop. Surprised they kept around Human Target and Lie To Me - they will probably get axed soon into next season. The network as a whole are doing really pretty fantastic though.

NBC's Trauma and Mercy died. Along with ABC's show, they will offer another Superhero drama following Heroes painful death, called The Cape starring Summer Glau! They will actually have a pretty awesome line-up in the fall (and the mid-season) because of the amount of pilots they have picked up. Hopefully it gets the peacock out of its seriously serious troubles. Could mean trouble for Chuck's prospects for a fifth season, its not doing great (though steady) - its fan buzz is basically keeping it alive.

Erm.. Upfronts are next week (each day, different network: NBC, FOX, ABC, CBS, The CW) so we'll get more confirmation on some other shows but I doubt anything drastic will get cancelled, or as they might do it - forget to mention them at all. I also think I'm forgetting something else...
 

Sparrowsabre7

Za Warudo
Heroes: Only sad for lack of wrap up and SYlar's good now WTF
Flashforward: I agree with TC, I enjoyed it, not saying I would've liked it to be more than one season though, so as long is it ends properly I don't mind, and it seems possible that it won't since all the actors had prior committments post-series anyway so they may well have wrapped it up.... I hope.

LOTS: Not a clue
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Jaymii

Baka Ranger
They are still messing around with the idea of a two-hour Heroes finale TV-movie, and if Kring actually does a decent pitch I can see them doing it. Same for Law & Order: Criminal Intent.

I think FlashForward will be wrapped enough to please most people as well.
 

Sparrowsabre7

Za Warudo
Jayme said:
They are still messing around with the idea of a two-hour Heroes finale TV-movie, and if Kring actually does a decent pitch I can see them doing it. Same for Law & Order: Criminal Intent.

I think FlashForward will be wrapped enough to please most people as well.

Yeah I heard that, but I've also heard it was considered but dropped... either way (though I've not yet seen it) I don't thnk it will be TOO bad. I just wish Sylar and Peter had...you know...had a fight. And when I say fight, showing them powering up then cutting to another scene then cutting back for the aftermath does not count.
 

Jaymii

Baka Ranger
I doubt anyone watches it but Ghost Whisper is now dead (as of 17 minutes ago). Along with Cold Case and Numb3rs. CBS cancelled a couple of others but they don't air here.
 

Necromancer

Stand User
Jayme said:
I think FlashForward will be wrapped enough to please most people as well.

Just watched the finale and ended exactly as I expected, I certainly am not pleased. I hate unresolved cliffhanger endings! :x
 

Arbalest

黒い剣士
Moderator
Numb3rs was cancelled? Hmm, i knew it ended this season more or less wrapped up, but i could've seen it go on.

As for a cancellation, biggest one to mention has just finished, the original Law and Order, and i believe that was against what Dick Wolf wanted, as he wanted to hit the most episodes for a series. It's a shame, i watched it all the time it was on, and to see it end was something i didn't see coming for a good few years at least yet. Apparently they are starting a new one in place of it. Law and Order: LA or something, just won't be the same.
 

SciFiBoy

Kiznaiver
Necromancer said:
Not been in here in awhile again but thought some people might want to know about the latest US shows to be cancelled (if they didn't know already since most were announced last week).

Heroes: So glad I don't have to force myself to watch a 5th season of what has become garbage.
FlashForward: I was really enjoying this! not looking forward to it's 1st and only season ending on what will probably be an unresolved cliffhanger.
Legend of the Seeker: It's been a decent show but I'm neither happy or sad it won't be adapting any of the later books in the series, my brother's told me almost everything that happens in them already!

Anyone know of any other shows they're following getting canned?

Heroes lost it's way in season 2 and never regained it, im not at all suprised its done, shame really as the show/characthers had great potential (as the immense first season showed)

FlashForward im fuming about the cancellation of, I though the first half of the season was a bit slow but I felt the second half was great so far, it's a damn shame they wont be able to take the story further.
 

Necromancer

Stand User
Arbalest said:
As for a cancellation, biggest one to mention has just finished, the original Law and Order, and i believe that was against what Dick Wolf wanted, as he wanted to hit the most episodes for a series. It's a shame, i watched it all the time it was on, and to see it end was something i didn't see coming for a good few years at least yet. Apparently they are starting a new one in place of it. Law and Order: LA or something, just won't be the same.

They cancelled the main Law & Order?! I thought that would never end! with Criminal Intent finished aswell (I've still to see any of the Jeff Goldblum eps) my fears for SVU going are up.
What's with all the new spin-offs going to LA lately? Everyone getting bored of the East Coast?
 
Top