Can we have Images in Sigs now ? Edit : People using pics

Ammish

Stand User
Yeah, because most of the UK aren't on Dial Up anymore. I never had problem with Pics in Sigs when I was on Dial up a year ago and people has high screen res anyway.

You can always have a limit on, anyhow. So can we approve of this.

No matter how well done the sigs are they always make forums look tacky. I hope Paul says no.

If i remember, Paul had allowed us to use images in sigs only for the character battle, and then after this weekend was over they where to be removed.

Arbalest said:
If i remember, Paul had allowed us to use images in sigs only for the character battle, and then after this weekend was over they where to be removed.

though if i recall, 70% of members abused the rules for it, so tbh if we can't be trusted like that, i don't think it's the right time for it

Ryo Chan said:
Arbalest said:

though if i recall, 70% of members abused the rules for it, so tbh if we can't be trusted like that, i don't think it's the right time for it

Im sure you theres code to set max width and height and max size (kb).

Images in signatures: no. Aside from their (lack of) aesthetic value, I think they attract the wrong kind of people to this community. Take a look at the NEO forums to see what I mean. It's about more than post counts and flashy signatures on Anime UK News ;)

Paul said:
Images in signatures: no. Aside from their (lack of) aesthetic value, I think they attract the wrong kind of people to this community. Take a look at the NEO forums to see what I mean. It's about more than post counts and flashy signatures on Anime UK News ;)

Well said dude, I love the look of the forum as it as, I think that banners from sigs clutter the place up

McIcy said:
Paul said:

Well said dude, I love the look of the forum as it as, I think that banners from sigs clutter the place up

Saves me time and effort in photoshop trying to compete with the others to have the best sig :p.

Xelis said:
McIcy said:
Paul said:

Saves me time and effort in photoshop trying to compete with the others to have the best sig :p.

always avatars for that ^^

Ryo Chan said:
Xelis said:
McIcy said:
Paul said:

always avatars for that ^^

Not enough room :(

Heh, I thought you don't allow it, but I see countless members with images in sig.

Whats going on here, and how come they haven't got it removed/

Because I can't be arsed to PM a million members who aren't following rules. Remove the images or I'll just remove signatures altogether. It would save me a lot of hassle.

Actually, I've just removed them. Call it a trial for a few days. I'm interested to see how this effects the community.

What actually IS the reason why we can't even have a small image in the signature?

Page distortion doesn't really come into it if say.... the image is as big as a page button, or half of a credit card. o.o

Bandwith maybe? =S

EDIT: I'm not too fussed about the lack of images, but the link to my gallery is gone. =[

because the owner of the site thinks it makes the place look ugly. His Site his rules ^^

in the end yours was a small one hyaku but i've seen some new people lately with sigs larger than their profiles

Back