Can Someone Explain Why Ashly Burch Has A VA Career?

Invisible Crane

Adventurer
I mean think about it, thanks to her brother working for Gearbox she gets it be in Borderlands 2, as well as Adventure Time, Over The Garden Wall, Saints Row IV, Life Is Strange, Aliens Coloniel Marines.....and yet she sucks as a VA. Has there ever been a good example of only getting VA roles cause your big brother gets to work for a major gaming developer (lets face it, if Anthony Burch as not a head writer for Gearbox, she'd have no VA career at all)

I'll be real honest, I just had to google to see who's shes voiced that I actually know outwith Tiny Tina, and it's actually blowing my mind that she voiced Mayuri Shiina in Steins;Gate (like seriously, is that accurate?). Then Cassie Cage in MKX and Rise Kujikawa in Persona 4 Dancing All Night (nice try but you'll never be Rise, Burch :p). Going by those performances, I just can't say she's a bad VA tbh, she does bug the bejesus out of me though.

*Actually, having given it more thought she wasn't exactly great in Persona 4 Dancing All Night, pretty flat performance but not sure if that's because she was actually bad or because she's not Laura Bailey.

This seems a little unfair, plenty of those roles have nothing to do with Gearbox. It might be fair to say she got her start as a result of nepotism, but what do Gearbox have to do with Fallout 4 or Mortal Kombat X or Saint's Row? Somebody somewhere must like her.

Buzzkillington said:
I'll be real honest, I just had to google to see who's shes voiced that I actually know outwith Tiny Tina, and it's actually blowing my mind that she voiced Mayuri Shiina in Steins;Gate (like seriously, is that accurate?). Then Cassie Cage in MKX and Rise Kujikawa in Persona 4 Dancing All Night (nice try but you'll never be Rise, Burch :p). Going by those performances, I just can't say she's a bad VA tbh, she does bug the bejesus out of me though.

*Actually, having given it more thought she wasn't exactly great in Persona 4 Dancing All Night, pretty flat performance but not sure if that's because she was actually bad or because she's not Laura Bailey.

Aw man she's in P4 Dancing All Night!?!, and I just got that game for my Vita (mainly cause I could not find a physical copy of P4 Golden anywhere)......again you have a brother working in a high up position for a developer, this is what happens (and she got to do Adventure Time as well, lucky her then)

Back