Brutal Legend

memorium

Za Warudo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxnho1yTjRo

this game looks bloody awesome! being a Metal fan since i was practically born

Jack Black, Ozzy Osbourne, Rob Halford, Lemmy Kilmister, Lita Ford and Tim Curry has to be the greatest combination ever!

and they got a variety of metal in there, from Traditional Metal like Black Sabbath and Diamond Head to the Melodic Death Metal of In Flames and Children of Bodom.

only 13 more days to go \m/><\m/

The demo itself for the game has been released on the Xbox Marketplace..but its 1.5gb...and i only have 800 megs =/ I need a new hard drive or better yet, new xbox. I want this game though, from what i've seen, the voice acting and everything, it looks plain awesome.

Bugger me, I had completely forgotten about this. I had no idea it was about to be released! :D

Tim Schafer = Gaming God. Consider it pre-ordered. Time to test Play.com and my bank to see if they've got my f*cking postcode right this time and will let me order.

Update: Not looking good. Play don't normally ask you for your e-mail and password at every single step of the ordering process, do they? :?

ayase said:
Bugger me, I had completely forgotten about this. I had no idea it was about to be released! :D

Tim Schafer = Gaming God. Consider it pre-ordered. Time to test Play.com and my bank to see if they've got my f*cking postcode right this time and will let me order.

Update: Not looking good. Play don't normally ask you for your e-mail and password at every single step of the ordering process, do they? :?

Play can be a pain like that...but usually its more down to the sending and not arriving on time side of things. If they are asking for that everytime, then yeah, there is something wrong. I'm gonna order it from either game or amazon. since i know i won't get any problems with it.

Thing is, it's only £30 on Play - the cheapest I can see it elsewhere is £38. The order went through at least, but it remains to be seen if it will actually be fulfilled.

I thought it looked pretty bad, played the demo expected to be proven wrong.

It was still bad.

Jack Black is the ultimate forced funny guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really liked it and I thought Jack Black fitted the part, considering it was modelled after him. He didn't overact his voice, like he did in Kung-Fu Panda. Thought the writing was great as well, full of nice funnies. Graphically, from the demo, its rough around the edges but its a definite purchase anyway.

I never played Psychonauts!

Played the demo this week and I have now pre-ordered the game, the music is brilliant the action is smooth and fun, and the comedy and storyline really play to Jack Black's strengths

Played the demo and really enjoyed it. Jack Black isnt to everyones taste but at least he didnt write the content.
Jayme: Its part modelled on Black but draws for various metal legends. The original design looked alot like Lemmy, and the details such as the cigarette remain.

Completed it and loved the story, brilliant and I love the way you have to search out certain statues to fill in the missing parts of the storyline.

Part of me wishes they had kept it more as a hack and slash game rather than the weird rts battles scattered throughout

I haven't played much, a couple of hours, but I love how its basically "Grand Theft Auto: Underworld". The free-roaming aspect really took me back for a little bit (I expected linearity) but has made me love it more.

Another hit by Schafer.

The music is awesome as well.

Back