Bravely Default has been confirmed!

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
Unfortunately, I couldn't watch today's Nintendo Direct live, as I was at work. However, Mum was watching it for me, texting me live updates. When a text including the words "Bravely Default" came through, I had to rush out of the office and into the nearest toilet to let the stream of tears run. For 8 months I campaigned for a localisation, with a petition gaining over 2,600 signatures. I know that ultimately, that probably didn't affect the decision much at all, but I still like to think that it helped.

With a scenario written by Naotaka Hayashi (Steins;Gate) and produced by Tomoya Asano (Producer of the DS versions of Final Fantasy III & IV, Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light, Bravely Default: Flying Fairy received amazing reviews on release in Japan.

Bravely Default will be released in Europe later this year, with a North American release in 2014.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really really happy about this! Pleasantly surprised that we're getting it before America too! I'm hoping that means it's Nintendo of Europe localising it (since Ninty are publishing), so we get SideUK handling the voice acting like with Xenoblade and The Last Story. The campaign paid off! :D

I want it...
If Nintendo release a decent model of the 3ds then I'm pretty much sold. I'm still in the dilemma though with whether to buy a US or EU model.
Get screwed over with Atlus games and occasionally other publishers, or get this late... tough call...

To revive this topic, i thought i'd link the collectors edition that seems to be hitting Europe. I think GAME is handling the UK release, but it looks really nice have to say. No price tag yet though it looks like.

EDIT: It's actually a Shopto exclusive, you can still get the artbook from GAME though

Bravely_Default.jpg

I placed a pre-order for the Deluxe Edition the second it was made available. Costs £80.

The GAME artbook is a smaller version of the Deluxe artbook and apparently the Japanese are very jealous of our Deluxe Edition (evidenced by comments on the official Twitter).

The collector's edition does look nice, but not for the £89.86 ShopTo are currently charging.

If this was part of a series that I'd played before and enjoyed, I'd feel more comfortable about paying an extra £58.00 for a book and stuff...I'll just stick to the regular version.

Aaron said:
The collector's edition does look nice, but not for the £89.86 ShopTo are currently charging.

If this was part of a series that I'd played before and enjoyed, I'd feel more comfortable about paying an extra £58.00 for a book and stuff...I'll just stick to the regular version.
They've upped the price? When I pre-ordered, it was £80.

I honestly have no idea what Nintendo are planning with this game. I am really passionate for it (founder of Operation Brave and all) and I have even emailed them about promotion and even sent them a better press release as the one they had prepared and sent out was shite. It's going to have so much competition at Christmas - from other companies and other Nintendo games. A Q1 2014 launch like in America would be most beneficial.

Now that we're only a month away from the game's launch, the gaming website I write for (WiiUAndMii) will be running a series of articles known as "Brave Friday" - where every Friday until the game is released, we will post one article about a particular aspect of the game. This week's focuses on some of the more notable members of staff behind the game and some of their notable previous works.

I think you'll be quite surprised: link.

Got the game and finished the third boss.

Pretty good so far, the Brave Point system, whislt a slight headhace to understand works fine, but the dificulty curve (assuming Normal / 100% Encounter Rate, yes you can futz with the Encounter Rate such that you can turn them off completely) is a bit all over the place with Monsters having access to buffs well before you do.

Voice acting is here and there, the girls get it really rough with Agnes being somewhat non-existent and Edna sounding like she came off a recording session for a new Charlie Brown special but can be changed to Japanese for typical JP Voice Acting Shenanigans with the obvious downer being the lack of Spike Spencer.

Back