Book Depository Help

BlackWolf

Godhand
Okay i've used this company for the past year with no problems and complaints but today when my copy of the 2nd Full Metal Panic light novel turned up i found that the spine had taken a beating yet the rest of the book seemed intact. Now i emailed them about this asking if it was possible for a exchange. Now though i got an email back saying that all they are going to offer me is a 35% refund which seems a bit off to me (let along silly as that means i'm only getting £1 odd back)

Advice please?

Odd. When I emailed them about problems with a book, they sent out a replacement copy for free, not asking for the old copy to be returned. The replacement copy wasn't as new either, though...

Just refuse and email back saying you'd like to return the book you have and get a replacement. 35% off of £4-6 ain't worth it. When I was offered £18 off £60 for my Naruto set it was worth it, but not in this case.

It's strange how so many books ordered from TBD arrive with imperfections. It's put me off ordering from them a lot. I know it can't really be helped when it comes to corners of paperbacks getting knocked but it's still annoying to pay for something new and get used quality.

Well it depends really.. if the spins kind of beaten but not totally wrecked then maybe keep it..

But personally I would just ask for a new one or all of my money back because I like to keep my books in good condition..

The best thing you could probably do is ask yourself if you would of bought the book like that in the first place in the state it's in minus the money you're getting back.

I would have thought that if you sent it back, you would get a replacement, but they are only offering you a refund? thats a bit stupid if you ask me. If it was damaged when you received it then shouldn't they be the ones to replace it without extra charge? If all doesn't work out i'd just try again, but go somewhere else. I mean i got the novel from up1 and i got it without any damage, so other places maybe your best bet.

Make sure you sound manly in your email - show the size of your internet penis. If you do not mentally intimidate your enemy, you will never get anywhere.

...or, play the victim, making everything sound worse than it actually is. Whine a lot, in other words. Whatever you're skilled at.

Aion said:
Make sure you sound manly in your email - show the size of your internet penis. If you do not mentally intimidate your enemy, you will never get anywhere.

...or, play the victim, making everything sound worse than it actually is. Whine a lot, in other words. Whatever you're skilled at.

...Or you know just being formal gets things done pretty well. cause im sure theres other ways that you could pin them done.

done it to a bloke that was gonna send an azumanga boxset. i complained that a few weeks went by without seeing it, set a complaint on paypal. bloke soon explained himself, and got a tenner back on the item

I agree with Aion here. If you're not happy, stick to your guns and make them take it back (or replace). You're entitled to return goods when you buy over the internet in this country anyway; if they're clearly physically damaged you certainly can't be expected to just accept it!

My husband was another victim of the crappy Naruto manga sets and TBD were brilliant about it, giving up their profit margin and then a whole lot more to keep us happy. I doubt they'll be jerks to you for the sake of £3 so keep on trying.

R

Okay apparently acording to the email i recieved from them they don't do exchanges, so i'm going to send the book back and get a full refund, i'm a bit annoyed by all of this to be honest. Thanks for all the help anyway guys :)

BookDepository are completely frustrating me lately as well.

Ever since they upgraded their site, everything seems a bit off.

It's great they take pre-orders now. However, after 3 of the pre-orders were updated, and were listed as available on their site (ships in 48 hours) it took over a week for them to even begin processing. So the books ended up taking 8-10 days approx each for them to ship after being available.

They also don't seem to be answering emails all the time, and the ones they do, they don't tend to answer what you ask. IE: I asked why it hasn't shipped when its stated is available and ships in 48 hours, they tell me it's not published for 3 weeks and will ship when comes into stock.

Sorry for kinda hijacking this thread. ^.^

At least you're getting your money back I suppose.. I don't see why they wouldn't exchange it though, seems like they were trying to get you to keep the book to me..

I've never come across this website before, they have good prices! Though i'm not sure if i want to risk ordering anything from them, considering the amount of people in this thread alone that seem to have had problems with them :eek: . I tend to like my manga to be in pretty pristine condition!

Charter_Mage said:
I've never come across this website before, they have good prices! Though i'm not sure if i want to risk ordering anything from them, considering the amount of people in this thread alone that seem to have had problems with them :eek: . I tend to like my manga to be in pretty pristine condition!

Not had any sign of damages on any book i've ordered from them, if that helps.

Just try ordering 1-2 books see what happens. Make your mind up from there.

Spyro201 said:
Charter_Mage said:

Not had any sign of damages on any book i've ordered from them, if that helps.

Just try ordering 1-2 books see what happens. Make your mind up from there.

I tend to use them as well and have never had any problems.

Question: How often do TBD tend to have 10% off codes active? I want to order Berserk 6-10 with a code, which would lower the value per book to under £6...

----------

TBD alternate between sending me beaten-up books and mint books. Sometimes I never want to use them again, other times I like them.

Recently, they sent me 1-11 of The Drifting Classroom. I wish I hadn't spent £55+ on the series, but I can have no complaints about the condition of the books - all arrived sealed and mint.

However, in stark contrast, when I ordered Suikoden III 8-11 from them, all four books arrived in poor condition. At that time, I swore I'd never use them again.

I will say this: I prefer Amazon. Amazon send fast, send items together and allow for easy returns; even covering the return costs. TBD can take up to a week to send (despite claiming to ship within 48 hours), send items separately and tend to be awkward if you don't accept a 20-30% discount.

Aion said:
I will say this: I prefer Amazon. Amazon send fast, send items together and allow for easy returns; even covering the return costs. TBD can take up to a week to send (despite claiming to ship within 48 hours), send items separately and tend to be awkward if you don't accept a 20-30% discount.
I agree, they take much longer than Amazon and are only 1p cheaper :(

I have no idea about how regular money off codes are. That 10% off one I had at Crimbo was the first I have seen from them. They may have something for Easter. If they send me anymore like that previous link I will post them up.

Back