Blue Gender

Nishizono

Completely Average High School Student
I rented the first volume of this from Screenselect, and I watched it yesterday. It's only the first three episodes, but I definitely enjoyed it. Loved seeing all those deserted post-apocalyptic cities and the cocooned humans.
The Blue themselves were suitably menacing, they reminded me a lot of the bugs from Starship Troopers - especially the ones that erupted from the ground, and the flying ones.

Anyway, I think I'll definitely be continuing on with this particular Anime. I notice that there is a R1 DVD set which contains the full 26 episodes, plus the film. Does anyone know if there are any plans for a R2 release, or will I just have to get the R1 set, if I decide to buy it?

Anyone else a fan?

Well the individual region 2 versions are already out although didn't really sell well from what I can tell so hard to find in most places. Plus if your an extra's fan you will be dissapointed as they have none at all an its only english dub. So there wont be a boxset for it out here. If your after a boxset you might aswell buy the region 1 version its alot cheaper an you will get the movie along with all the extras an both languages :)

I watched it way back on the sci fi channel midnight showings in 2002-3 along with Nadesico and Evangelion. Of the three it was my second fave, behind Nadesico and ahead of Eva. I'm a sucker for post apocyliptica anyway, but it was still pretty good, though it got rather weird at times.

well dont see it getting a tinepack release consideing its only really ADV who do them and they dont own this seire.

play.com have all of blue gender in stock they about 14 pound each tho.

there's the movie too but thats just basic a recap of the seire.

Yeah I also followed this when Sci-Fi showed it, enjoyable stuff, and another sucker here for any mad max type post-apocalyptic anime series :)

I also saw this way back in the Glory days of late night anime on Sci-Fi, I have to say though, out of the three shows shown at the time this was my least favourite, Im not saying that its not a good show because it is, Its just a testimant to how good I beleive the other two shows to be 8)

I have only seen this once, back in the days of scifi showing instead of the outerlimits. It was good form what I saw of it, it was the last episode which was on I think it was because I recorded it before rayearth was on so that was a bonus lol

Well up1 are doing the complete collection for £34.88, which is a frigging good price for an entire series + movie (that's excluding P&P, although for a single "large" classed package it comes to about £2 IIRC.

http://www.up1.co.uk/Details/B0589

No extra's though, if you want those, you have to pay almost twice the amount (again, excluding P&P):

http://www.up1.co.uk/Details/B0127

Personally I haven't seen any of this series, and there's plenty of other stuff I'm interested in right now so I doubt I'm going to go for it. Maybe if I happen to watch a few episodes sometime I'll change my mind, but not quite yet.

*shudders*

Now that I'm over up1's grievous apostrophe abuse, I didn't know there was a Blue Gender boxset. I must gather funds for this most worthy of purchases....

I've cheaped out those DVD boxsets, & apparently the cheaper boxset has a whole stack of extras. I've ordered it, & I'll confirm when I receive it.

Back